Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260202 times)

« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:16 AM »
Tommarow, I'm getting a new desk to replace my crapiticularily clunky old desk. I'm finally going to have space to store everything. And the best part is that the guy that's delivering it is also going to build it for no cost.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #376 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:28 AM »
The braces came out of my mouth today.  :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »
A capricious-feeling me bought Aladdin on DVD when it came out of the "Disney Vault" (it was one of the only Disney movies that I really liked). 
And now I'm glad that I did.  :)
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »
Aladdin was a personal favorite of mine, mainly due to the efforts of Gottfried and Williams.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #379 on: August 22, 2006, 01:02:19 AM »
Yeah, same.  Also, it brings back a lot of memories.  Back when I didn't follow the plotline, and refused to pay attention at some parts, only to direct my eyes alertly back to the television when that giant tiger thing rose out of the sand.  Ah, yes.  Good times. 

So, I'm feeling hopeful because nothing really bad happened today, and I found out that I got into the higher band at school (yes, nerdy perhaps, but still).  The concrete reason I wanted to be in the upper band was not only the music better, but most of my friends got in as well.  This up coming year looks great so far.  :)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #380 on: August 22, 2006, 08:16:22 AM »
Aladdin is probably my all-time favorite animated motion picture. I used to watch it every day until I remembered the script word-for-word and the lyrics to every song. It was also one of the things that inspired me to draw.

« Reply #381 on: August 22, 2006, 09:36:49 PM »
Aladdin is by far one of the best Disney movies of all-time! It rocks! (not that I even tried to memorize it) I loved the first song when he's running from the guards.

I'm VERY happy because I got my state test results today and I was one of the 16% who scored Advanced in English-Language Arts and one of the 27% who scored proficient in math in the state of California. I am very proud of myself!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:44:30 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #382 on: August 23, 2006, 12:06:16 AM »
I saw the live-performed one in Disneyland, it was pretty cool and true enough to the movie (no Abu, but somebody dressed up as a carpet =D). The Genie kept making references to today's world- "You're settin' me FREE? Oh, man, I'm TOTALLY adding you to my friends list on MySpace!!" -but none of the other characters paid any mind to it.
My family goes to Disneyland a lot. My sister wants to work there... my kids would like that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2006, 11:39:56 AM »
Yeah, same.  Also, it brings back a lot of memories.  Back when I didn't follow the plotline, and refused to pay attention at some parts, only to direct my eyes alertly back to the television when that giant tiger thing rose out of the sand.  Ah, yes.  Good times. 

So, I'm feeling hopeful because nothing really bad happened today, and I found out that I got into the higher band at school (yes, nerdy perhaps, but still).  The concrete reason I wanted to be in the upper band was not only the music better, but most of my friends got in as well.  This up coming year looks great so far.  :)

The Cave of Wonders used to scare the crap out of me.  Now I just look at it as a fantastic bit of animation.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2006, 12:14:38 PM »
I should really see that movie some time.  It's been too long.  XD MySpace.  XD BP's signature.

Well... I haven't come to good ol' TMK for awhile so I guess I should probably say something.  How's everybody doing?  Still hopeful and happy? :)

I just returned from working at camp this summer and I had the best time ever.  Meeting new people, hanging with my cabinmates, reading tons of good books, learning more things about myself and what I need to change, singing loud catchy songs in the chapel and around the campfire, going to a Shawn McDonald concert, watching kids have fun with their counselors and slowly change over the summer, and more than I can say here. What a great summer.

Last Friday I rented LoZ: Four Swords and I'm really having fun with it.  This is the first Zelda game I've played in a long time (weird, huh?).  So far I’ve journeyed to Death Mountain and soon will enter the dark temple of boiling lava and fire-belching statues!  I’m Tingling with anticipation.

Being the bookworm that I am, I’m reading another book right now called “Shine: Make Them Wonder What You’ve Got” and I’m almost finished.  It’s all about “Being the change that you want to see” in others and I love everything in this book and the lessons it teaching me (if you flipped through it you would find underlined sentences on almost every page).  Just yesterday I read something that I really needed to hear about the way I think about other people.  “When we take on the attitude that we’re better than others, we’re holding on to pride.... Sometimes it isn’t judging people’s actions but judging what we think they will do that prevents us from reaching out.”  I never realized it but maybe I do think too high of myself and should rethink the way I look at people.  Sorry if I said more than needed.

And finally, the Nintendo Wii is scheduled to land on our planet in just a few months.  I don’t know what else to say except... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »
Heh, nice to see you here again YR!:) I'm kinda a Bookworm myself, in fact I have a whole shelf filled with Goosebumps books I read whne I was younger. I remember how happy I was when I was able to get a new book and read it as soon as possible.

Books I've read recently include: The Pigman( Despite the sort of weird title, it's an awesome book and I loved the story so much, I got the sequel and read it in a day ), The Pigman's Legacy ( A great sequel to a great book. It's definetly an improvement from the first one, and I was very satisfied with the ending. ) I'm currently reading Across Five Aprils ( It has yet to spark my interest though. -_- )

As for games, I'm really happy I got Sonic Riders and I'm currently at Sky Ride in the Babylon Story. I never thought I'd get that far in the game, and I'm really curious as to what will happen. :)

I recently mailed a letter to VIZ Media...so, I guess I'm hopeful it'll work? O_o

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2006, 09:18:07 PM »
I'm excited, 'cause I'm getting myself one of these.
Well, it's not a Play-Yan but it's in English, it deals with music, videos, NES games, GBA games, .txt files, and a whole lot more nerdy stuff I don't even know about!! It's getting good feedback... Everyone should have one of these.I'm still thinking it over whether to get the 512 MB card or invest in the 1 GB one. Suggestions?
I plan on using it with my GBA when I'm on the bus to and from school... batteries will be a factor, but I've gotta protect my DS and leave it here at home. I'm kind of annoyed with how I have to buy a new cdPod all the time because of the crappiness of it. Not anymore!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2006, 09:20:38 PM »
The Cave of Wonders used to scare the crap out of me.  Now I just look at it as a fantastic bit of animation.

"Who disturbs my slumber!?"

Man, that was awesome. We should move this dicussion to The Toon Discussion Thread.

« Reply #388 on: August 24, 2006, 01:19:12 AM »
Speaking of books, I've been annoyed at how I've been slacking off so much this summer.  I have literally had it up to here *indicates neck* with Dickens and his pompous, conservative writings!  Haha, sorry, it's just that I've read a ton of him over the past three months, and you can only take so much before you realize that this guy is so dang full of himself!  I decided to take a break from the whole activity when this struck me, so I guess it slipped my mind. 
This hit me a little while ago, so I went out and bought Lost.  I read most of it in three nights, having only fifteen pages remaining.  Sadly, I'm not fond of this book too much either.  -_-'
I suppose I should wrap it up sooner or later...
Probably later.  :-0
EDIT:  Ironically, it appears that I've misplaced Lost.  ^_^
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 01:33:15 AM by The Blue Toad »

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »
I'm still thinking it over whether to get the 512 MB card or invest in the 1 GB one. Suggestions?
If you have the money, definitely get the 1 GB. I have a 1 GB mp3 player, and it's not enough for me. I don't know how much music you listen to, or how many videos you want to watch, but if you plan on filling it, invest in the 1 GB. The 2 GB would be even better, if you're the nerd you are :P.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print