Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260115 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1140 on: March 11, 2007, 04:23:35 PM »
Mario Day was yesterday.

I'm hopeful because I'm having delicious STEAK and BAKED SWEET POTATOES for dinner tonight!!!

« Reply #1141 on: March 12, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Mario Day was yesterday.

March 10th was Mario day? Crap! I knew I should have bought WarioWare instead of Sonic.

Well, I guess I'm happy 'cuz I got some Wii points yesterday and purchased Mario Kart 64 and LoZ:OoT off of the Virtual Console. Yay :D.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #1142 on: March 12, 2007, 03:57:20 PM »
HOPEFULness because almost all of the snow is gone, and because temperatures are going to be unusually high for this time of year for the next week (temps in the upper 60s, low 70s).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1143 on: March 12, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »
What's wrong with snow? I actually hate to see it melt.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1144 on: March 12, 2007, 04:55:22 PM »
You're not alone Max!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1145 on: March 12, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »
I finished a whole dungeon in LoZ:WW yesterday ^_^.

EDIT: And I finished a new poem! The inspiration came to me when I realized my eyes weren't the same color that they were 2 years ago.

eyes

they are the reason i am attracted to that certain somebody

that i can stare at them for hours straight and not get tired

why i love to look at you

they send out a message that you love me and you always will

i can see your feeling through your eyes

they tell me you care for me

that you love me

that you'll be there for me

i hope that you read my eyes the same way I read yours

I felt the need to write that poem in lowercase letters.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:56:01 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1146 on: March 13, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »
Wow, that's terrific. The lowercase words remind me of e.e. cummings. I wish I could write poems; the closest I've come, besides goofy shrimp/Cobra Commander haikus, is nothing. Unless you count my Ninja vs. Pirates script, which is coming along quite nicely (and it's actually a serious movie).
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1147 on: March 13, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »
Goofy shrimp?

I'm hopeful that I can go back and battle Mecha-Ridley again, and get to the escape ship 40 seconds earlier and meet my <1:30 goal.

« Reply #1148 on: March 13, 2007, 11:09:53 PM »
Aww, thanks!

The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe is a short story that creeped me out. I have vowed never to read it again. It makes me feel strange. I had to read poems by Cummings last semester for literature. I think I recently read some.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:25:52 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1149 on: March 14, 2007, 12:13:01 AM »
A good story, I liked it. It's unfortunate that I am exposed to things like this so late, though--had I read it before '99, I'd've caught the reference in that one episode of SpongeBob when Mr. Krabs puts those squeaking boots in the floorboards... heh heh heh...
All is right in the world for me now. There are upcoming things about which I will be hopeful, but
1. That's counting chickens before they hatch.
2. Talking about my most recent adventures in piracy here in the forums isn't the greatest thing to do. But there are three things concerning emulation and stuff, two hopeful and one angsty that I cannot say.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1150 on: March 14, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
Hurray! Encyclopedia Dramatica is back up again after randomly going down for the past 2 days. It may have been only 2 days but it felt like much longer without my source of drama and lulz.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1151 on: March 14, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »
Encyclopedia Dramatica is pretty awful. It's all about Uncyclopedia, as it isn't just random smut and idiocy.

« Reply #1152 on: March 14, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »
You have those reversed. Uncyclopedia is about random humor and poorly photoshopped pictures. Encyclopedia Dramatica is all about recording internet drama and ytmnd/4chan memes, though they seem to prefer the 4chan ones over the ytmnd ones.

I do like both though, since they provide me entertainment. But what smut are you talking about? You're not looking at the guro article are you?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1153 on: March 14, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »
No, but there's a larger amount of disgusting articles on ED than there is Uncyclopedia. I admit that ED is sometimes cool, but I just like how it put a balance of gross, stupid and funny in, Also, you call 4chan/YTMND memes not random?

« Reply #1154 on: March 14, 2007, 08:03:34 PM »
Offtopic/Ontopic: I got Office 2007 today. =D
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print