Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260030 times)

« Reply #1155 on: March 14, 2007, 08:52:15 PM »
I just found the coolest defense tactic in the entire animal kingdom.

I was looking online, doing research for my psychology paper, and ended up at Wikipedia's phobia page.  I found the fear of bees, apiphobia, which I thought I should read up on, being I do have a large fear of bees, or any stinging insect.  Fascinated clicking later, I find the Asian Giant Hornet, the largest, most venomous in the world, and how it can devastate an entire colony of honeybees.  I then read about how the bees are able to defend themselves.  When a hornet scout enters the area of a hive, it releases a pheromones to attract more hornets.  The bees notice this pheromone, and prepare for the coolest thing ever.  They all sit inside the entrance of the hive, waiting for the hornet to enter, then swarm him with about 500 bees.  Then all the bees vibrate to raise the temperature of the ball-o-bees, and cook the hornet.  And it's not the gruesome way of death that I find so interesting, but rather that the much smaller bees, who would have no chance if they tried to sting or bite, find a new way to take out the much stronger threat.  I guess I'm just a fan of the underdog.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1156 on: March 14, 2007, 10:21:17 PM »
You have those reversed. Uncyclopedia is about random humor and poorly photoshopped pictures. Encyclopedia Dramatica is all about recording internet drama and ytmnd/4chan memes, though they seem to prefer the 4chan ones over the ytmnd ones.

I do like both though, since they provide me entertainment. But what smut are you talking about? You're not looking at the guro article are you?
Both Uncyclopedia and Dramatica have made me fall out of my chair laughing.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1157 on: March 15, 2007, 01:18:08 AM »
There was this chick on deviantArt raving about how dramatica wasn't working.

I saw my friend today I haven't seen since...forever! But I was so shocked we split up in a few minutes, he and I.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1158 on: March 15, 2007, 07:54:32 AM »
HOPEFULNESS! I may be getting a DS soon! I would have to trade in my SP, about 15 games, and some PS2 and GCN games, and I might still have to get my father to pay the rest, but I would be getting a used DS Phat (since GameStop doesn't have any new DSes, Lite or not, and I'd have to get my father to pay the rest because even used, they're $110, before the card).

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1159 on: March 15, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
If you can't afford a DS lite, don't buy the Phat. wait until you can.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1160 on: March 15, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »
That's a great lesson; don't settle, if you can afford it.
every

« Reply #1161 on: March 15, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »
HOPEFULNESS! I may be getting a DS soon! I would have to trade in my SP, about 15 games, and some PS2 and GCN games, and I might still have to get my father to pay the rest, but I would be getting a used DS Phat (since GameStop doesn't have any new DSes, Lite or not, and I'd have to get my father to pay the rest because even used, they're $110, before the card).

...You don't have a DS yet?
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1162 on: March 15, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
No. He's talked about it in #tmk a lot.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1163 on: March 15, 2007, 03:47:24 PM »
It's no big deal if he doesn't have a DS, you know. I didn't have a Gamboy for years after it's release.

EDIT: Hehehe! There's a new member called Igottagopotty. That just really brightened my day!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 04:45:34 PM by SuperPhoenix »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1164 on: March 16, 2007, 02:52:28 AM »
And I had the same Nintendo 64 for 4 years after the Gamecube came out.

Guess what?

I MADE IT TO THE SEMI-FINALS IN THE POETRY.COM POETRY CONTEST!

So my poem is  going to be published...and I have a chance of winning. :D I chose my poem "Life is like a Flower". It made me feel so great when I got it. Before I opened the envelope on the side it had a see through thing where I could see my poem title, the copyright by my name, and my poem!!!! I am so excited.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1165 on: March 16, 2007, 07:29:04 PM »
Phat > Lite
(In actual size)
And comfortability and durability
That was a joke.

« Reply #1166 on: March 16, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »
There was this chick on deviantArt raving about how dramatica wasn't working.

That's ironic, considering we EDiots hate deviantArt.

Happiness in the fact that after being dormant for two months, psychotic guy has returned to the interwebs, with crazier speedruns and his signature use of shortened words. Basically, he's the same old asain troll he was and I wouldn't have it any other way.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1167 on: March 16, 2007, 07:51:04 PM »
If you can't afford a DS lite, don't buy the Phat. wait until you can.
They cost the same, don't they? If they don't, anyway, he's totally right. Chup, are you okay?
Also, congratulations, Peach.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1168 on: March 16, 2007, 07:53:29 PM »
Today, I just got the greatest of news!

Last year, I came up with the idea for a new type of hygiene product. I told my mom about it and she worked to get it patented. After it got patented, my mom sent the idea to several hygiene compaies, including Johnson & Johnson and Procter & Gamble. After about two months, Dial, one of the companies my mom sent it to, agreed to see us to discuss the terms of selling my invention. She and I are scheduled to fly out to their headquarters in California April 10. My mom and I estimate that we can make at least 20 million on this deal, which means...

I'll be the youngest self-made millionare ever!(I think...) I'm gonna buy so many games!

« Reply #1169 on: March 16, 2007, 07:55:32 PM »
I don't care too much for money, 'cause money can't buy me love.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print