Print

Author Topic: Funniest Moment in a Mario game?  (Read 38430 times)

« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2006, 10:15:58 AM »
What link? I don't see a link anywhere on the whole.. (10?) pages of this topic.
The link above the quote.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2006, 02:09:46 PM »
General Shy Guy from Paper Mario, altogether, made me laugh my head off. I was thinking, "He's SUCH and idiot and his soldiers are total wimps!"
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2006, 04:58:24 PM »
Awww, Great! Now I'm, gonna be known as the great powerful King of People Who Talk To Posters!
or something like that...
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2006, 05:03:15 PM »
I loved what Fawful says (in Superstar Saga) when you do either Fire Bros. or Chopper Bros. on him in the almost-final battle.
"Ouch! Hotness! It is the overheat!!!"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:16:11 AM by BriGuy92 »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2006, 10:10:32 PM »
I liked one of Goombella's tattlings in PM2: TTYD. I forgot which enemy she was researching, but she says that "These guys reallhy suck...HP." It made me laugh a little.

I also liked some moments in Super Princess Peach. After defeating the World 7 Boss, Peach saves Luigi and starts swinging him around with him screaming and releases him at the end. Also, the sign that reads "You saved...Luigi?" Another moment is the ending, when Peach frees Mario. When she runs over to him, Luigi follows but Peach smacks him into a wall. He is knocked out as Peach and Mario spin around together. LOL!!! Poor Luigi!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2006, 10:41:57 PM »
Darn! I wasn't finished with the game!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2007, 11:05:42 AM »
 In Paper Mario, there are some funny lines that can keep you laughing for hours. I made Mario jump on the table at an inn, in Koopa Village, and the Toad yelled at me....it was funny. 
"I'm Mr. Lookalike"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2007, 08:00:09 AM »
If it's funny, it came from a Mario RPG. Gaming dialouge has never been finer!

Really, though, I haven't sat down and thought about it, but it's probably either when Toad accidentally walks in on Mario in the shower (ML:SS) or when Toad said he can't fight Bowyer "because I left my bazooka at home, SHEESH!" (SMRPG)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2007, 01:46:10 PM »
How about the tough looking server in Starbeans? You say you're done with the program, and he says, "Oh! I'm so sad!!!" Decently amusing.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2007, 04:12:48 PM »
Almost everything involving Booster in SMRPG was amusing. I find it weird how he didn't know how to eat a cake yet he knew perfectly well that you're supposed to tie your cord before bungee jumping.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2007, 04:35:55 PM »
I think the funniest part is anytime Mario gets his butt burnt in Sunshine (could be in 64, don't remember) and runs around mad and screams.
That happens in both, but his screams are funnier in Sunshine.
"AAAIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!"
"MAAAMAA!"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2007, 08:45:02 PM »
Almost everything involving Booster in SMRPG was amusing. I find it weird how he didn't know how to eat a cake yet he knew perfectly well that you're supposed to tie your cord before bungee jumping.

"Your eyes are watering... are you leaking, my dear? ......It's salty!" ...Or something along those lines.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »
I think it's closer to What's this? Water... coming from your eyes? Are you leaking, my dear? It tastes like the sea!
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
I loved the computer slang talk from the Hammer Bros. In PiT, "WE WILL PWN ALL N00B's, WOOT."
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2007, 08:45:36 PM »
^ Oh, yeah, forgot about that. LOL, indeed...

I think the whole concept of passports, an international airport, exchange rates and literally jumping the border in ML:SS was funny enough in its own way. So many games have you traveling to distant lands, but how many think to face the swemi-reality of it all? And besides, a bean-obsessed kingdom clashes quite well with a mushroom-obsessed kingdom.

And anything Fawful says. And Tolstar with a black eye and crutches. Ah, what the heck. There's a reason everything in that game was named after onimatopoeias for laughing.

Print