Print

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 33354 times)

« on: May 03, 2004, 10:37:35 PM »
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

I know now of at least three FF members playing this delightful free game (David Dayton, Popple, me) and both of them who are not me have suggested forming a TMK clan on it.

I just made this thread for KoL players to talk about it here. Most importantly, post your username so the others can add you to their contact list. Mine is Lizard Dude.

For those of you not playing currently, it's a mostly text-based MUD that runs in your browser. This is much like Runescape, which some of you also play. KoL, however, is actually good. It also actually has professionalism, which the brainless rabid monkey creators of Runescape could never fathom. Hello capital letters. It actually has a quest you must undertake to prove that you can coherently communicate in the non-n00b chatroom.

Most importantly, it is well-written, imaginative, and witty. Text games like this used to thrive, but have mostly dried up today. Support good work. That's my motto (for games).

Thirdly, and this might be the clincher for some of you *cough*Watoad*cough*, the Adventure system prevents you from playing too much each day. You won't get addicted and spend hours on end trapped in their realm, or rather, you can't.

Let the adventure begin.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 10:44:36 PM »
I have read your post, and the process of contemplation has officially begun. A browser window with KoL sits open on my computer, and I have started to read about the site. This means nothing, of course, but there is still hope. Thanks for the invitation!

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 10:47:11 PM »
Fastest. Watoad response. Evar.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 10:58:16 PM »
And is this even more impressive? I registered. Name's Watoad. Now I've gotta learn how everything works. Uh . . . see you there?

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 11:07:24 PM »
I wish I had an email address, instead of having to use my brother's for here.

Is your refrigerator running?  Then you better turn off the lights to save electricity!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 11:52:21 PM »
The chat room is very confusing, but I think I'm getting a handle on most everything else; I have made it to Level 2 (yay for me!). It's all pretty weird, and a lot of it is funny. This, for example, is great:

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 03:37:31 AM »
^_^ My favorite item!

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 07:46:21 AM »
I have registered, though not done anything yet.  My username is YtterbiJum.

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 05:35:21 PM »
I am a Saucror, a level three Parsley Enchanter, and I have follied so. I used the entirety of my adventure gaining items in attempt to gain adventures, not knowing that I would eventually gain more. My Favorite thing so far was in a hidden temple. "You trip a Swinging Ax Trap, because all hidden temples have devious swinging ax traps, good thing you can handle pain, you barely felt your arm being cut off.

You Gain Two Beefieness."
(it might not be the exact wording, but it made me lauch for multiple seconds.)

Edited by - Popple on 5/4/2004 4:35:59 PM

Let me away from this boulder!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 06:49:35 PM »
 Black Waltz
Level 2
Rhythm Rogue
Muscle: 6
Mysticality: 4
Moxie: 5

Unfortunately, both Black Mage and BlackMage were taken.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/4/2004 6:04:47 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 07:06:18 PM »
Oh, please. Just because RS is over-populated with idiots doesn't make the creators "rabid, brainless monkeys". Although I will admit that my interest in the game has waned considerably.

Anyways, after my forums, my Lemmings games, my sprite comic, and my point-and-click adventure game based off my sprite comic, I am not sure I'll have the time to do this. Still, I'll contemplate trying this game out.

EDIT: I have signed up. My username is "Insane Steve".

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 5/4/2004 6:16:44 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 07:26:07 PM »
I have no problems with the players of RS.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 07:47:02 PM »
What happens after the "Adventures" count runs down to 0?  I haven't had time to play the game anymore after that happened to me.

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 07:53:41 PM »
Jarc
Level 2
Mariachi Larcenist
Muscle: 8
Mysticality: 4
Moxie: 5

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 11:54:45 PM »
Chupperson Weird
Level 1
Allspice Acolyte
Muscle: 3
Mysticality: 3
Moxie: 2

It''s hard to make up your mind when you don’t have one.
That was a joke.

Print