Print

Author Topic: Smash Bros. Brawl Delayed Until March 9th in the USA  (Read 23387 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 06:39:28 PM »
this olde "Nintendo" is working out the remaining bugs for this brawl.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:01:01 PM »
One month of delay beats years of a horribly imbalanced game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
Maybe they're going to add 100 more features to it. The game already has everything under the sun... let's throw in the kitchen sink and Waluigi too... oh wait, Waluigi's already in as an Assist Trophy.

Blaming Sonic for the delay reminds me of a funny argument over at the old PDark forums (site for "Perfect Dark"), where there was belief that Perfect Dark was delayed for 2 years to perfect Grimshaw's annoying voice.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 12:30:19 AM »
It is a portal, a way I can escape life and all it's hell.

Arr, watch your mouth! Only a pirate can speak like that!

I think this be the best course of action Nintendo can take. It's like a captain at sea; when the ship is not ready to sail, ye wait a few more days...

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 08:08:19 PM »
Dang it, now I won't be able to avoid spoilers. I could stand staying off the internet for two weeks, but I doubt I have the self-control for six. I wouldn't mind at all if it was Twilight Princess game-improving delays, but the fact that the Japanese release date was only pushed back by a week lends credence to the idea that NOA just wants more marketing time, and the Japanese delay was just to make us feel better. Not that Brawl really needs huge amounts of marketing. Isn't Melee still selling a couple thousand copies a week? The Wii is way bigger than the Gamecube, and Brawl is a higher quality game with lots more exposure thanks to the proliferation of the internet. I think there are already more than enough people prepared to buy it on launch day. They'd be better off launching it as soon as they can, and then once they recover from the first week of sales, they can start worrying about selling it to the casuals who wouldn't wait in line for seven hours anyway.

Of course, there's always the possibility that they're adding content for the American version, which would make me happy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
...Localization?
That was a joke.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 09:54:48 PM »
...Localization?

Yeah, while it's a little of that, two months wouldn't be needed. Somethings weird here. It would be a good idea to get it away from other high-end titles, I don't know whats releasing, nor when, but I did hear that some titles coming out around that time. Now we must get to the bottom of this. Split up gang, and search for clues.
I really don't care much for logic.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04:13 AM »
possibly they are adding more brawlers to the mix matey
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 08:16:57 AM »
That's a little ironic in a way, because Sonic is all about speed.
Yeah, but we also all know what the load times were like on Sonic the Hedgehog...

Now here's a poser: How much of the updates we've been seeing lately were already planned... and how much were added because of the delay?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:18:30 AM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:32 PM »
I would laugh so hard if on March 3rd they changed the releash date to NEVER!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »
I would laugh so hard if on March 3rd they changed the releash date to NEVER!

That's pretty much when it'll be released in Australia... the Nintendo of Australia site for Brawl basically says "It's on the Wii, it's a fighting game, it's a sequel to SSBM. We know absolutely nothing about it, so here are some pictures from the first trailer of the game."

The sad thing is, apart from a slight bit of edited phrasing, what I said is probably close to what's there. Check it out for yourselves: http://games.nintendo.com.au/title.php?id=1143
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 02:48:22 AM »
Gotta love them "creenshots."
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
My fiancee said that this would make a good birthday present for me, and she's right. Somehow, the whole fact that the game comes out two days after my birthday didn't connect in my mind until after she said that.

Happy birthdya to me (in just over a month, March 7)!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 06:33:35 PM »
I guess I should say it now, then, in case I forget in the meantime:  Happy Birthday!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
I'm probably getting my hopes up, but maybe they are using this delay to re-record Sonic's voice. A bunch of people have been trying to get them to bring back his old voice actor.

Heh, I actually frequent that board, and while I would really like for that to happen, I doubt the game would have to be delayed for almost an entire month for that. I doubt Sonic would have that much dialogue, but I coult be wrong.

Print