Print

Author Topic: NES Mario Bros. Competition - Fight Cancer and Flies (May 5, Noon EST)  (Read 4322 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: May 05, 2012, 12:33:52 AM »
Mario marathons seem all the rage as of late, and a new challenger has appeared: "NES Bros. Off 2012."  Four players will tackle the NES port of the arcade classic Mario Bros.  The marathon begins May 5th at 12 noon EST.

Link: GamingWorldWide - NES Bros. Off 2012
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:07:25 AM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »
You mean four players on each separate systems? I've been curious about why people don't try challenges for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. But I guess the game isn't based on a simple grid system like the old Mario games? I mean New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii would be pretty simple, it's really just the graphics that changed. But it's finding cannons on different levels that'd make it more of a hassle than going through pipes to finish the game. Y'know what? I just answered my own question. The new games don't link up as simple as the old ones. Does anybody have any other reasons they think this can or can't be done?
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »
The rules could change if it was with a Wii version. Like you said, it's not the same engine, but there's still shortcuts.
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print