Print

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 17579 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
I like the style. It's as if Twilight Princess and Wind Waker had a baby.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
Wouldn't that be incest since both games use the same engine?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »
That explains why Link has six fingers.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
Wind Waker was the sister.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
The Main Theme.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWOST0aJlxc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWOST0aJlxc</a>
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
Stop it.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
The Main Theme.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWOST0aJlxc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWOST0aJlxc</a>

You [darn] kids...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:05:07 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 12:03:44 AM »
Well now that you've brought this up again, did anyone else see the new trailer from the Game Developers Conference 2011?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »
Well now that you've brought this up again, did anyone else see the new trailer from the Game Developers Conference 2011?

Which one? The April Fools one from Zelda Dungeon or the second official trailer? They were both better than the first trailer. The Twilight Princess trailers captured a cinematic, dark feeling, while Skyward Sword trailers are just snippets of game footage over and over. Not counting the little bits of cutscenes or whatever that's thrown in.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
But it's a game
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
Yeah, really. Nothing is gained from pre done scenes. The more I see of how the game handles the better. And really, I usually don't care about the story for Zelda.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

A

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »
I usually don't care about the story for Zelda.
Are you sure you don't mean Mario?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:58 PM »
No, Zelda. They aren't bad, but they aren't exactly The Great Gatsby. You discover you're a hero, you get a horse/boat/train, start collectin the plot coupons, and you rescue a princess.

I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised if this new one makes me reevaluate my world view, but really, I'm just expecting a well made game that somehow works fishing into the the whole floating island thing. Because they also love fishing
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »
The majority of the game is going to take place in Hyrule; Link only starts out in the floating island place above Hyrule (called Skyloft, if I remember correctly), hence the dramatic jumping off a cliff scene in the trailer: he's descending into Hyrule.

No idea how they're explain him surviving the fall, though. Probably some magic thingy.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print