Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Mario Power Tennis Remakes for Wii  (Read 24124 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »
Wearing five pairs of pants at once is weird, even though pants are a normal thing to wear. Sometimes superfluousness is enough to qualify as too "off" for the States (think the iQ).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 10:01:52 PM »
iQue was specifically developed for China, a country that didn't have official Nintendo systems before. It wasn't even marketed in Japan.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11:04 AM »
I didn't even use the word "Japan" in that post, did I?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Doesn't this mean we'll eventually get a Luigi's Mansion and SMS remake with motion controll?
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Great, way to jinx it. Hey, as long as they're going back and fixing history, why don't they give us a 3-D Link to the Past?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »
Forget remakes. I want a Luigi's Mansion sequel with Wii MotionPlus.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »
I didn't even use the word "Japan" in that post, did I?
I think you're missing the point. You make it sound like the iQue wasn't just some select games released in China. Games we got way earlier.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »
What I meant is that that sort of thing would be totally superfluous in the US, and I think remakes of four or five-year-old GCN games with tacked-on controls fall under the same criteria.

But hey, America is the Land of Extravagance! Bring it on! Make a $40 remake of Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess with WiiMotion Plus while you're at it!

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 07:45:56 AM »

If there are games you have no intention to buy, then don't buy them. Period.
Don't complain and swear incessantly every time Nintendo announces something you don't agree with.
You don't have to keep reminding people you hate Nintendo.
I wasn't joking when I said this. You deliberately avoid the good. This isn't being "cautiously pessimistic." This is "not getting over it." I'm pretty sure that most of us are tired of your constant "Nintendo keeps releasing s**t that I don't want to buy" posts. Is there some insatiable hunger that you must satisfy by buying a new game or two every single month? As much I myself love video games, I have the capacity to wait. I will keep on the lookout for the games I truly want while glancing over the others and seeing whether or not I ought to try them. If I do not see something I really want, then I may either go back to my older games or give others a go. I do not complain at every game I see that I may not buy or if a game is delayed, which is both annoying and tiring.

Really, if you see no hope for the future, why do you keep sticking to Nintendo? Sell your Wii and its games, and go buy an XBox. It's a much more effective protest to Nintendo than spewing "F**k you Nintendo" over and over.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
Mm-hmm. I agreed with you on the pointlessness of remaking such recent games, but what I find most superfluous and extravagant is... the complaining.

That being said, the newest game I own is probably Brawl. I bought some games after that, but you know--F-ZERO GX, StarTropics and Bonk's Adventure on Virtual Console... I go back to old games I've never played. I have some video games I've never started! Of course, you own and have spent so much time on every video game ever and don't have that option, right? It's great being a peasant.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 12:03:06 PM »
Great! Now all MPT needs is Toad playable and it'll be fine by me. It's likely not going to happen, though.. *sadness*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 04:56:40 PM »
Mm-hmm. I agreed with you on the pointlessness of remaking such recent games, but what I find most superfluous and extravagant is... the complaining.
I'm continuing the conversation. People say something, I do the same right back.

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 09:13:37 PM »
According to this, it seems like new content will be added, other than motion controls.

Toad being playable in MPT may yet come! :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print