Print

Author Topic: Min-E3, Big Announcements  (Read 9813 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Now, I may have a baby and only a 30 minute lunch hour, but I will still do my best to keep you updated on the latest E3 happenings. Below is a dashed list of all the big deals thus far (very rough, with no links to the game pages as of yet):

- 140 new DS titles by end of 2007
- 100 new Wii games by end of 2007
- Wii Zapper is detailed and announced as an official Wii accessory. It will retail for 19.99 USD
- Mario & Sonic will be multiplayer up to 4 players.
- SSBB is dated as December 3rd, 2007 (announced on main page)
- New Wii Channel: Check Mii Out will be a combination of Everybody Votes and the Mii channel, where everyone votes and can download other people's Mii, as well as participate in Nintendo sponsored competitions.
- Mario Kart Wii will have online play, and is coming the the USA 1st quarter 2008 with a Custom Wii steering wheel packaged in. (announced on main page)
- Super Mario Galaxy coming November 12th, 2007 (announced on main page)
- Brain Age 2 is coming on August 20th, 2007
- Wii Fit is announced.

More details, and press release pics, will be coming in throughout the day, so stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:21:21 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »
Only 30 minutes? You can't eat lunch when you want while at E3?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:42:34 PM »
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »
I hope they confirm whether or not SSBB will have online play.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 01:54:59 PM »
Not confirmed yet.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 03:06:38 PM »
Oh great, December third. My sister's birthday. My parents had better understand how important this is.
Oh great, Mario Kart's coming out in quarter 1 2008, same time period in which I'll be getting my license. So much for reckless home practice...
Oh great, Galaxy's coming first. I'd better have enough money.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
I'm sorry these games' releases are such a burden to you.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 05:41:18 PM »
Oh great, Mario Kart's coming out in quarter 1 2008, same time period in which I'll be getting my license.
I unwisely went on a Burnout Revenge playing spree the week before I got my permit. I decided to wait a while and let the "ooh, this intersection would be perfect for Crash Mode!" go away before I got behind a real wheel.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 05:50:04 PM »
Oh great, December third. My sister's birthday.
Coincidentally my sister's birthday is also on the 3rd of December.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »
My only burden with these dates is that I'll be in my freshman year of college, and can't have my Wii (or any other gaming device for that matter) in my dorm, meaning wouldn't be able to play them very much until the Holiday break.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »
Now, I may have a baby and only a 30 minute lunch hour...
In that case, I have a modest proposal...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »
Why on earth can't you have a game console in your dorm? My Wii is the second thing on my list of things to take to the dormitory, following my laptop.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »
My dad and I agreed that it might distract me from my studies.  >_<
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
A troublesome conundrum. My parents are acutely aware of my priorities, and studies come first.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 10:48:29 PM »
I just realized how hilarious DeadAwake's post was.

Well then Kojinka, you'd better also get rid of your computer, friends, TV, food, music, lights, ....

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:59 PM »
i.e. college.

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »
Okay, TV, food, music, lights were all bad examples because you do lose those at college but I played waaaaay more games and surfed waaaaaaay more 'net in college than I ever had before.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 06:50:31 AM »
My parents also say I shouldn't bring the Wii until second semester, when or if I know I can trust the people there, and if I do good the first semester. However, it's more of an excuse since my parents want the Wii to themselves... but on the other hand, the school has a game room which includes a Wii as well as a 360 and PS3.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
I get a computer, and I still plan on surfing the net.  But the gaming would have to be done on weekends. :/
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »
but on the other hand, the school has a game room which includes a Wii as well as a 360 and PS3.
What happens when you're on an Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion run and someone ELSE decides they want to play Rockstar's Table Tennis when you get up to replenish your fluids? Having your own system would definitely be a plus.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »
^ That totally sounds like an ad.

Why are there so many people starting college next fall? Or is it just my imagination?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:18 PM »
Okay, TV, food, music, lights were all bad examples because you do lose those at college but I played waaaaay more games and surfed waaaaaaay more 'net in college than I ever had before.

Wait, why do you lose any of those at college?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »
And then feared flunking out.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 08:52:07 PM »
Wait, why do you lose any of those at college?
Because those can be big targets for the occasional ransacker... that is, if you're too dumb to leave your dorm unlocked.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:39 PM »
And then feared flunking out.
No, I feared failing one class for a one week period in the last semester, which just would have delayed graduating by one semester. But there wasn't even a problem in the end. Now I have a degree which I do nothing with so far.

Print