Print

Author Topic: Transitional Fossil  (Read 42356 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »
Yes, they should, because the way humans think is directly related to how much they understand.

And... what, humans should think differently for the sake of thinking differently?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
Are you saying we should all think the same?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
No.

I'm saying that people shouldn't think differently for the heck of it.  They should think differently if something is wrong with the way they're thinking at the time.  So actually I am advocating thinking differently, because the way most people seem to be thinking these days, they are going to run themselves into the ground (why should God waste time smiting the sinful when they'll just smite themselves?) like every other society that's made the same errors.  It occurs to me that we really haven't learned much from history.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 11:27:22 PM »
...Apparently not.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2009, 09:01:27 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gJI1HgiSNA

This was uploaded yesterday
"it's always the present"

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »
That video...pretty much sums up why I can not implement any of the Bible's teachings in everyday life. I'd be ostracizing and hurting others, which (by nature) is something I'm horrible at doing, simply because I was ostracized as a kid.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
Because I haven't been ostracized by the atheistic members of the board at all.

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
It irks me how atheists consider themselves to be the only "neutral ground" for discussing religion, as they don't partake in it. What they consistently fail to acknowledge is that their state of suspended disbelief is, regardless of how vehemently they may deny it, simply their plug for the God-sized hole inmankind's heart.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
Because I haven't been ostracized by the atheistic members of the board at all.

Only a few members here are truly atheistic. A lot of us have some concept of God.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
What they consistently fail to acknowledge is that their state of suspended disbelief is, regardless of how vehemently they may deny it, simply their plug for the God-sized hole inmankind's heart.
My response to that would be that God is simply a plug for a brain-sized hole in Christians heads.
"it's always the present"

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
Mkay, when it gets to petty insults instead of real discussion, it's time for me to quit the thread.

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »
Agreed. Some backlash was to be expected at my prior post, but we were really anticipating an intelligent counterpoint.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2009, 04:35:04 PM »

Help, I've been ostrich-ized

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
Agreed. Some backlash was to be expected at my prior post, but we were really anticipating an intelligent counterpoint.

Because always saying "nope bible says so" warrants one.
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »
I'm getting mighty annoyed at this default response of "you're a mindless Christian drone who only does what the bible tells you blah blah blah". It's a lazy, insulting, cop-out response that has no place in a serious discussion, and with the frequency that it turns up, it's ridiculously hypocritical.

To everyone arguing in favor of their personal beliefs: using the same couple of responses does not look intelligent at all and makes a bad case for your argument.
every

Print