Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 99402 times)

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »
Eventually, Nintendo will release a Mario game featuring substantial dialogue from the plumber, and upon seeing the game fall flat, Miyamoto will make some joke about Mario being schizophrenic or more talkative than his late wife, and then the whole issue will be filed into the annals of time.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2009, 11:58:55 PM »
let me just say I'm really excited for this. SMG was the first mario game in awhile that got me really excited and challenged me at the same time. And it's been awhile since a real Mario sequel has been made, so I'm eager to see what Miyamoto has in store.  Plus, Yoshi's involved. That's all.

Noticed a few comments made about SMS.  I did like that game overall. I think what gave me a sour taste about it was the final fight with Bowser was ridiculously easy for me. I had no idea what to expect, but I beat him more easily than I ever beat him before. SMG at least made me work for it.

anywho, I'm just so excited for SMG2

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »
Eventually, Nintendo will release a Mario game featuring substantial dialogue from the plumber, and upon seeing the game fall flat, Miyamoto will make some joke about Mario being schizophrenic or more talkative than his late wife, and then the whole issue will be filed into the annals of time.

Well, a line does need to be drawn between important conversation and Mario unnecessarily and loudly talking to himself.

You beat me to it. I dunno why everyone thinks of the worst (and most irrelevant) examples of Mario voice-acting to support the "NO.. MEHRIO NEEDZ NO TALKIGN" debate.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2009, 01:20:57 AM »
"Woo! Just what I needed!"
"Thank you so much!"
"Bravo Mario!"

"I'm the great Wart! Ah ha ha!"

These are examples of voice clips from the Mario Advance series.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2009, 07:09:28 AM »
Well, for goodness sake, even if you don't like hearing Mario and co. speak, can't the various NPCs?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »
I don't mind, I was just pointing out some examples.

NPC's I don't mind talking either, as long they don't go the Pokemon route and say their names..

"Hi! I'm Daisy!"
"Hooray for me! Luigi!"
"Yoshi!"*

"I'm the great Wart! Ah ha ha!"

I like how they used the SMW Yoshi noises instead of the YS Yoshi noises in New SMBW.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »
Oh... well, I didn't mean "you" you. Probably should've phrased that better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »
What's wrong with going the Pokemon route? They already did it with Yoshi. And having a goomba scream "GOOMBAAAAA!" after I stomp them is hilarious.
"I'm a grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss!"- Bowser, SPM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »
No, no it isn't.
That was a joke.

« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2009, 09:44:48 PM »
What would be hilarious is if they screamed a random expletive upon being squashed.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
Not really, no.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
What's wrong with going the Pokemon route? They already did it with Yoshi. And having a goomba scream "GOOMBAAAAA!" after I stomp them is hilarious.

You know... I bet Nintendo, if they came and looked at this forum, THAT'D be the suggestion they'd take into consideration for their next game and they'd pass over all the suggestions they should be taking into account.

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »
So are you saying that my suggestion is bad, but Nintendo is so stupid that they'd take it?

Or that my suggestion is so good Nintendo would probably take it?
"I'm a grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss!"- Bowser, SPM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »
...my suggestion is bad, but Nintendo is so stupid that they'd take it?

Bingo.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »
So the folks from IGN have the good word. Galaxy 2 inbetween June and August.

Now, without trying to jump to any conclusions, I believe I made a comment about how Nintendo would handle this (and what I said is now happening exactly):

I speculated some time back that they would not say anything about the "should be here around March" statement when Q1 actually came around and that they'd quietly delay it into the summer (just like the June-August date now suggests). The other important thing I said is that since Nintendo says they're gonna release it then probably means that in mid-late August, they'll pretty much say, "Welllll.... the holidays are, in fact, right around the corner... so let's back it up to around November to coincide with Galaxy 1's original release date."

So... so far, Step 1 and Step 2 has been completed. Now we just gotta wait till June thru August and see if Nintendo is gonna follow through with Step 3.

Do you think they might?

Print