Print

Author Topic: Next 3-D Mario Game?  (Read 40586 times)

« on: November 23, 2007, 01:59:45 PM »
What do you think the next 3D Mario game should be? I think they should make it like "Mario is Missing" but a cool 3D platformer. Like, you play as Luigi and go from world to world getting power stars to save Mario, and there could be multiple characters like in Super Mario 64 DS, and when you beat the game and rescue Mario, you can play as him. That or a Dr. Mario-themed one.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »
What do you think the next 3D Mario game should be? I think they should make it like "Mario is Missing" but a cool 3D platformer.
I believe they already did that with Luigi's Mansion.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »
Not really...It was just going around a mansion with a vacuum.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
...and rescuing Mario.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »
Let me put it better; It is about Luigi rescuing Mario, but in the 3D Mario series (Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy) so you are basically going around a 3D environment collecting stars.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 03:48:28 PM »
Nah. Collect-y games aren't any fun.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 03:56:11 PM »
*sigh*

I mean getting. Like the past 3D Mario games, not like Xtreme Happy Butterfly Catcher Man.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
I'd rather Luigi star in a point and click adventure, minus the edutainment aspect. That would be good on either the DS or the Wii.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 09:05:32 PM »
I'm always up for a Luigi's Mansion sequel. Luigi's Mansion owned.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »
I'd like another Luigi's Mansion.  My only disappointment with the game was that you couldn't jump.  I bought it think it was going to be a platformer. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

~Lavender

• What is light urple?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »
Actually, the Official Nintendo Magazine of U.K. had an issue a while back this year, with an article on Luigi. It said he would get a new solo 3D platformer following SM64's storyline.

But, its sort of still a rumour and a lot of people aren't buying it. A few months ago on GameFaqs and other boards, had a lot of people claiming they read it in the magazine, even websites in pure French had people talking about it. The funny thing is that not one person has scanned or photocopied the article, despite all the people on gamefaqs that were going "pics or it didn't happen" 

It was even mentioned in Luigi's page for Wikipedia, might still be there, there was a debate about whether to keep it there or not.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 09:56:59 PM »
What i want Nintendo to do is make a Paper Luigi that takes place during Luigi's adventure that he was doing during Paper Mario 2.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 10:37:09 PM »
ONM was notorious for making inaccurate speculation and presenting it as fact.  I use the past tense here because I no longer have a subscription and they changed publishers.  I don't know about their current accuracy?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »
What i want Nintendo to do is make a Paper Luigi that takes place during Luigi's adventure that he was doing during Paper Mario 2.
Amen.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 04:57:32 AM »
The books you can purchase after the game spoil the ending for Paper Luigi, however.

I liked Luigi's Mansion, too. A sequel to it without a lot of original content would disappoint, however.

More games need to be like Super Mario 64 in terms of playable characters. You'll need them all, but you can pretty much play as whoever you like. I would really love to have Yoshi playable in another 3-D Mario game. The next Mario platformer ought to go off of Galaxy's engine, but with normal gravity and set in the Mushroom Kingdom. The Mushroom Kingdom is ever-changing, so it could be completely different from in Paper Mario or Partners in Time... I'd like to see the Toad Town and castle return from Galaxy as the central area, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print