Print

Author Topic: Next 3-D Mario Game?  (Read 40609 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »
Nnnnnnnno difference between SSBB's Subspace Emissary Adventure mode, and SMB with punching, kicking, PK Thunder, Falcon Punch, and boss battles with the objective to knock your enemy out of the arena, were found.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 11:40:55 PM »
LOL dude you guys started it first flaming my ideas which people at other boards have liked. 

Dude, you don't know what flaming is, do you?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2007, 05:28:42 PM »
Smash Bros. is a fighting game not an adventure, platform game. 
Clearly you've never played Adventure mode? It sorta doubles as a fighting/adventure. Also, we're not flaming you. We're telling you your ideas are not good and simply rejecting them. Please go away if all you're gonna do is flame and post your Mario game ideas.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2007, 10:05:28 PM »
Clearly you've never played Adventure mode? It sorta doubles as a fighting/adventure. Also, we're not flaming you. We're telling you your ideas are not good and simply rejecting them. Please go away if all you're gonna do is flame and post your Mario game ideas.

LOL, it is not a Mario game.  Argue all you want but that game is Super Smash Bros.  I am talking about a Mario game.  Whatever, you are the ones that like Sunshine so much, the Mario game that almost sunk the Mario series. 

How many copies have Mario64 and Sunshine sold?  Not even half as much as Super Mario Brothers 3 sold.  How about Gamecube and 64, how do they compare in sales and market dominance compared to the original NES?  Yet I don't know what I am talking about I guess.  Apparently the ideas in the older games worked. 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »
Markets change. Did you ever consider that? Just because you happen to be around people that did not enjoy something does not mean that your environment is an accurate microcosm of the world. No one but you ever said that Mario Sunshine "almost sunk" Mario. I would even go so far as to say that that isn't possible. Having gone 20 years at that point, do you really think that one game (among many being released around the same time) would have decided whether the franchise continued to exist?
That was a joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
Markets change. Did you ever consider that? Just because you happen to be around people that did not enjoy something does not mean that your environment is an accurate microcosm of the world. No one but you ever said that Mario Sunshine "almost sunk" Mario. I would even go so far as to say that that isn't possible. Having gone 20 years at that point, do you really think that one game (among many being released around the same time) would have decided whether the franchise continued to exist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29

PS2 120 million
Gamecube 20 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28third_generation%29

NES 60 million
Next in line (Atari) 13 million

Not to mention Xbox was way ahead of Gamecube as well despite late start.
There has been a large dropoff in the Mario fanbase overtime... just saying.  Nintendo dominated the market back in the day of 2D... somewhere between 2D and 3D, Nintendo went wrong.  They did not make the quality of games they once made.  Systems have to have good quality games to sell.  Playstation 3 is not doing as well right now partly because they don't have the games that Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 have (not to mention Wii's innovation). 

Go Vols!

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 10:36:10 PM »
Whatever, you are the ones that like Sunshine so much, the Mario game that almost sunk the Mario series. 

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Just because Sunshine wasn't the best selling Mario game of all time doesn't mean it almost ruined him.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 10:45:31 PM »
You really have no idea what you're talking about. Just because Sunshine wasn't the best selling Mario game of all time doesn't mean it almost ruined him.

Did it even break a Million copies?  I think it might have gotten 1.2 million only on name alone.  Everyone I knew told me I was dumb to get a Gamecube back in the day because all the games where kiddy.  I got it so I could play College Football and it was a lot cheaper then other systems at the time (I got it for eighty dollars, plus I thought I could find Sonic/Mario games to play with my sister on it).  However, just like most people, I jumped out of Mario and Nintendo after the 16 bit era (although the 64 wasn't bad at all, I just never got one).  I know very few people who haven't play the originals.  I know very few people who have played Sunshine or the newer ones and liked them.  Now I am really flaming but still, I am just trying to break you guys out of your narrow-mindedness.  Sunshine isn't as bad as I am putting it up to be, but it was definitely not a Mario epic like the originals, neither where many of the Gamecube games, that is why Sony and Microsoft have started to dominate the market until recently.  Nintendo is getting back to its roots now and people are really into the Wii, Nintendo is big once again.  I loved Gamecube and loved the Mario sports games and Mario Kart: Double Dash, etc. but even I admit it wasn't as up to par as Nintendo could do.  IMO, if it wasn't for SSB Melee and fans like the people on this board (that is why I am trying to get along with everyone), Gamecube would have likely been a failure.  I am one of those fallen away fans that has returned and there are ALOT of us out there.  Sure Mario can sell to a 10 or 12 year old, but you need games that can sell to College kids and Highschool kids, that is a majority of the market.  I think the Wii is starting to accomplish that. 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2007, 10:56:38 PM »
Yeah you know, a good portion of people don't play vd
Nintendo dominated the market back in the day of 2D... somewhere between 2D and 3D, Nintendo went wrong.  They did not make the quality of games they once made.  Systems have to have good quality games to sell.

That is an illogical jump. PlayStation beat N64 to market and had the backing of Square. PS2 majorly jumped everyone else and had backwards compatibility with the successful PSX.

Also, you are incorrect in thinking that college age people are the majority of game players. Everyone knows ??-~15 is the majority of the ages of gamers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:00:03 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
Also, you are incorrect in thinking that college age people are the majority of game players. Everyone knows ??-~15 is the majority of the ages of gamers.

No, he's basically correct: http://www.theesa.com/facts/gamer_data.php

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 11:45:51 PM »
Now I am really flaming but still, I am just trying to break you guys out of your narrow-mindedness. 

Yeah, well save it. Last time I checked, liking something doesn't make you narrow-minded.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 12:19:55 AM »
I stand corrected.
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 06:17:10 AM »
Whatever, you are the ones that like Sunshine so much, the Mario game that almost sunk the Mario series.
First of all, I never said Smash Bros. was a Mario game; I simply said it doubled as an adventure-platformer when you said it was only fighting. Second, Sunshine did suck, but it didn't even come close to sinking the Mario series. One crappy game doesn't make people say, "You suck! You should just give up on Mario!" because the Mario series doesn't go down on one game.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 06:34:35 PM »
Errrr, Volbound, what? SMSu isn't what made Nintendo lose the last round. Graphics are what made Sony and Microsoft win it. And aside from graphical quality and games, there weren't many differences between the three. To a casual gamer, the prettiness of the PS2 and Xbox, Xbox Live, etc., made the GameCube look like the worst choice. Some all-system gamers here might say it was. It's understandable that the GameCube didn't sell as well as its competition.

On the other hand, Wii offers new things and is way cheaper than the 360 or PS3, so it's understandable that Nintendo is winning this round. It's appealing to non-gamers and non gamers' mothers. That's what business is about. Having the book with the best cover. The GameCube wasn't necessarily lame, but the cover didn't say much for it. The Wii, on the other hand, has "buy me" written all over it, even without the superior graphics--the gameplay is far different from the others', and people like it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 06:49:21 PM »
Actually, I'd have to say the 360 is winning, but with nintendo in close second.

1. 360 has HALO 3, so yeah, it's kinda amazing how one game can just bring a console to the top.

2. The graphics. Nintendo STILL can't get their graphic priorities straight! Most wii games look like Dreamcast ones. We are missing out on good games that could get ported over if it wasn't for the graphics. Nintendo has been behind in graphics since the Nintendo 64.

Print