Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145131 times)

« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
I DO disagree that the roster can be oversaturated with an archetype, in a game that allows players to simultaneously use the same character. Saturation wouldn't cause a problem unless your main was Random.

Lucina's purpose is to be a n00b-friendly Marth. For a n00b who likes Marth but doesn't manage his sword sweet spot range, using Lucina can only improve his game. I've seen a fair amount of this exact type of player so I think Lucina's design is smart. (Only problem is the n00b probably won't realize this stuff anyhow.)

And Turtlekid1, I wouldn't call Lucina's in-story reason "very good". She calls herself Marth but her fighting style in-story is a Chrom clone. So it's more like "kinda good if you squint" level.

« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
There are far too many hero archetypes. Clearly some of them need to be cut.

I've never played a Fire Emblem game, and agree that from a distance, Lucina looks like Marth. But that's also what name labels are for too.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #272 on: July 24, 2014, 05:42:29 AM »
There appears to be some talk of a new character being revealed during Comic-Con's SSB Tournament. Might be a veteran like Meta Knight, heavily altered to be more legal, because he was deemed illegal to play as in Tournaments. Who knows who it is?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #273 on: July 24, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
He got unbanned, I thought--don't know when or why. I never really hear anything about competitive Brawl, only Melee, the occasional Project M, and people's predictions about SSB4's tiers that are far too early to be worth anyone's time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2014, 04:24:22 AM »
An interesting thing: When Wario had his own section on the 3DS eShop, Super Smash Bros. was listed as one of the games he appears in. Shortly after, it got taken off Which may lead us to believe that Wario will be confirmed as a Veteran, this week, and we'll maybe see a newcomer relating to WarioWare, be it Mona, Jimmy T., or Nintendo Fanboy with obligatory NES Zapper weaponized, 9-Volt!

Okay, the 3DS Tournament happened, Twitch was full of trolls, and there was no reveal. The Final Matchup was down to two Bowsers, and the Green one won. Trolls got trolled, and there was less hype than the E3 tournament.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:32:32 AM by YoshiAngemon »

« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2014, 02:02:30 PM »
Twitch was full of trolls

Business as usual.
Relics.

« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »
At least Capcom's Twitch channel doesn't have as much trolls. Besides, I think that this generation in gaming, Gaming is going to the trolls. We get such things as "extend Dong" when Donkey Kong is present, that I end up joining in with "Dong, where is my automobile?" and if those "(INSERT NAME HERE) CONFIRMED" or DECONFIRMED POSTS were all neckties, I could HANG myself with those bad neckties found at the dump! And the REQUESTS NEVER END! "We want Shrek!" "We Want Goku!" "We want the Actual Reggie, instead of his Mii!" There is ONE thing I enjoy most about Super Smash Bros:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcvq6CfnUI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcvq6CfnUI</a>

"Mistletoe. Now, PUCKER UP AND KISS IT, WHOVILLE!"

But other than that, there's only one thing that's been confirmed: "TROLLING CONFIRMED!" And the trolling also goes on at the Sega forums.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:38:43 PM by YoshiAngemon »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
...I.....what...?

« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2014, 05:55:22 AM »
It used to be about playing the game, now it's all about trolling people, and getting big laughs out of it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
If memes are trolling, and Captain Falcon is still in the game and still in his Smash Bros. form, then, everyone who calls Sakurai a huge troll every day that he doesn't reveal Ridley are right, which means... Ridley confirmed!?
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »
It used to be about playing the game, now it's all about trolling people, and getting big laughs out of it.

I repeat: ...what...?

« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2014, 07:07:13 AM »
So, apparently there's a transforming Paper Mario stage in the 3DS version now.  Hoping this is a sign of more representation to come.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »
So considering that it has a SS section and a TTYD section, I wonder if it'll have areas based on the original and Super Paper Mario.

Or more TTYD areas would be good.

(If you haven't seen the stage.)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
Sakurai is one of us
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2014, 01:38:45 AM »
I'm liking the Paper Mario acknowledgment very much.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print