Print

Author Topic: ONM hosts Q&A for Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 5040 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:39:01 AM »

Nintendo The Official Magazine (UK) got some hands-on time with the E3 build of Super Mario Galaxy recently, and they posted a pretty long Q&A for readers who were wondering just what the game is like. I've posted a few questions here, but make sure to check their forums out for the entire thing!

If the controls are normal, do they work well or should it be 'to the max'? (Answer question in vice versa if the controls were originally used to the max)
Aye, they work fine. Developers need to remember that just because the controller is motion sensitive it doesn't mean they have to make use of it, and luckily Miyamoto and his team seem to be of the same opinion. They could have easily made it that you had to flick the Remote up to make Mario jump, but that would have been rubbish and the A button does a perfectly fine job.

Is being a bee as fun as being mario or is it just a bit boring?
Nah, it's good fun: not so much in terms of progressing through the level normally, it's not too different in that respect. But the extra height you can get from flying encourages you to go and find hidden areas, and I found a fair few. I have the feeling there are going to be a lot of surprises that can only be found as Bee Mario.

Link: Nintendo The Official Magazine
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:57:25 AM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:34:41 PM »
Nice Find, as always.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:50:43 PM »
Now if only they'd send us the the magazines they'd promised us...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »
Obviously it's a bit early to make a comment like that based on only four levels, because bear i nmind that Sunshine started really well then later on it hit you with those awful Hotel missions.
Heh heh heh heh... that was among my favorite worlds...
Sounds like it'll fulfill my expectations so far... unless Yoshi isn't in it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:23:14 PM »
Heh heh heh heh... that was among my favorite worlds...
Sounds like it'll fulfill my expectations so far... unless Yoshi isn't in it.

Hey, I loved the hotel levels, and the ones with the Chain-Chomps were fun too.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
My favorite was collecting Blue Coins!!!
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »
I'm assuming you'd enjoy a cannonball to the face just the same. >_>

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 07:44:38 AM »
Nah, I actually only like collecting blue coins in Mario Sunshine.

Print