Print

Author Topic: Most frustrating Mario moment.  (Read 7667 times)

« on: August 24, 2005, 11:50:48 AM »
Has there ever been a time where you play a Mario game and become very frustrated? Mine is playing MK64 or SMK on 150cc during the last race and you get hit and all the CPUs pass you and when you finish, You don't have enough points to be 1st place.

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:05:27 PM »
One of mine was in Super Mario Sunshine.  It was when you were in Pianta Village, and you had to go down the warp pipe.  It was that one level where you had to have people throw you around, you know.  That one got SO frustrating, along with some of those other puzzles like that.

Another one was in Luigi's Mansion.  I was just plain stuck in this one hallway not knowing what to do.  FINALLY I found the ghost butler wondering around in the halls, and I blew out his candle.

When I was really little playing Super MArio 64 at my neighbor's house, I got frustrated on those stairs that would never ever end, unless you got enough stars.  I was young ,and stupid.  Otherwise, Super Mario 64 is the best game!  *clears throat* Sorry.

Ummm…Signature…?

Ummm…Signature…?

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 8/24/2005 11:07:14 AM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:55:54 PM »
In Super Mario Sunshine; the secret sprite where you had to take Yoshi out to the little desert island to the side of Delfino Plaza, and then go through the level where you had to move down a river while standing on a leaf and collect eight red coins.  It took me two weeks to finally get that sprite.  ~_~

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 03:38:38 PM »
I found that area to be pretty tough as well. But finding the blue coins in some areas was the worst part for me.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine was the most challenging Mario game for me.

Ummm…Signature…?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 03:50:25 PM »
Outrageous.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 04:33:20 PM »
When I was younger and played Yoshi's Island, I found almost the entire game to be frustrating!  And then when I finally did get the hang of that, I got ultra frustrated from trying to get 100% in every level.  Especially the last secret stage, yowza!

SMB: Lost Levels.  Need I say more.

In SMRPG, I almost lost my mind doing 100 super jumps.  Not a fun thing to do!

Mario Power Tennis.  I had trouble with the challenge with the bloober whhere you can't hit certain squares.

SM64.  The sand level frustrated me, the clock level frustrated me, the rainbow level frustrated me, the red coin challenge in the sky frustrated me, every single stinking red coin challenge frustrated me... I'll stop with that.

PM2.  I'm not exactly sure what it was but I just could not for the life of me figure out this one puzzle.  Then I had to find the answer in an FAQ and now I feel bad.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 06:30:30 PM »
Definitely the time I lost in Mario Party 2 to a 3 year old and two easy CPUs. Despite winning the mini-game bonus star at the end by a LOT. Only time I ever got 4th in a Mario Party game. Or worse than 2nd, for that matter.

The first time I tried to solve level -4 (first set) in Tetris Attack's (SNES) puzzle mode was irksome. Same with 9-5 for Yoshi's Cookie's (SNES) puzzle mode.

Oh ya. And Tubular gave me a lot more problems than Outrageous in SMW wfirst time I played it.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »
Really? I never had any problems at all with Tubular. It took a lot of practice to beat Outrageous for me.

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 09:15:49 PM »
Tubular... urg, I could never get the hang of that... I always had my sister help me with it, but she liked that level so she was happy XD

Outragous... that was the forest one with the fire, right?

Oh yeah, I used to hate 8-2 and 8-3 in SMB. Then I beat them both and I hated 8-4 for like a couple minutes, and I beat that (on my first try if I am not mistaken). I had to take a leap of faith twice in that level... the Hammer Bro, and then Bowser. Yes, I jumped OVER Bowser at the end, as a small Mario. I was SO lucky I beat it... but that was a long time ago, so :P

Jman

• Score
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 09:53:46 PM »
Mostly my moments come from Mario kart games, when you're on the final turn to the finsih line in first place, and a totally  cheap red shell hits you and you're done.  Also, I lost a game of mario party 2 to my sister, who isn't that great, but she isn't half bad either.  Her lucky moment came on the tenth turn, when she landed on a Chance space, and it turned out she had to trade coins and stars with Peach.  At the time, Peach 2 stars, I had three, my sister had none and Mario had none.  So, she gets both of peach's stars, lands right next to another, and wins a fourth in the bonus stars.

Edit: Oh yeah, on my very first turn, I landed on a hidden block and got a star.  Turns out that don't mean jack in the long run.
KISS?  What does that stand for, Koopas in short shorts?  *Shudders*

Edited by - Jman on 8/24/2005 8:56:50 PM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 10:15:49 PM »
Trying to play SM64DS.

For some reason, I still feel compelled to buy it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 10:17:16 PM »
One that comes to mind is the watermelon sprite in Gelato Beach. I almost tore my awesome hair out on that one, almost.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TEM on 8/25/2005 5:37:53 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »
SMRPG--trying to climb those vines between Bean Valley and Nimbus Land to get to that blasted area with the treasure boxes.

SM64--getting several of the Stars. Seriously, I had a harder time with this game than SMS with some of the Chapters. Because of the analog stick having less accurate control, or something.

SMS--all those chapters with "Secret" in them, where Shadow Mario steals FLUDD and you have to do some intense platforming.

PM:TTYD--getting to the bottom of the Pit of 100 Trials. (Oh, and then dying around level 70, after spending several hours just getting to that point.)

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/25/2005 10:47:01 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 08:34:38 PM »
<spoiler> Okay, I'm right at the end of PM2 (I don't play the game very often, this is my second time to rent it) and I found out that I had to run around every single level just to find that stupid white bob-omb!  So I did that for awhile, getting very bored and irritated (boreditated) and stopped before going to Twilight Town because I was going totally insane.  Seriously, what were the makers thinking there?!  I can take a little backtracking now ant then but this... eez just too mouch!  Hopefully the last level will be more enjoyable than that. </spoiler>

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print