Print

Author Topic: News on DS games.  (Read 4905 times)

« on: September 22, 2005, 03:34:25 PM »
I mistakenly posted this in the General Discussion forum ealier.  Anyway, here are some new screens and comments on Super Princess Peach and New Mario Bros.  Sorry their so poor quality.  :-\

Super Princess Peach:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/predalien85/Peachscan.jpg

Main Article: "Ever since news of Peach's DS game was revealed last year, SPP has been in hiding--until now.  The platformer seems to go the 2-D Mario route, but we're hearing that the princess will take on the 40-plus levels in her own way.  After collecting power-ups that fuel Peach's emotions, players will tap into her emotional states to solve puzzles.  How will emoticontrol play out? Japanese gamers will find out October 20."

Top-Left Panel: "Of the four states, this one's hardest to read: Mellow? Blissed out? Chill?"

Top-Right Panel: "How angry will angry get?  We want top see a full-on rampage, not just a tantrum."

Bottom-Left Panel: "We've seen Peach keep her cool in scores of games--now she bawls?"

Bottom-Right Panel: "She's got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in her heart.  What will it do?"

New Mario Bros:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/predalien85/Marioscan.jpg

Main Article: "It's been years since we last saw Mario in an all-new side-scroller, and it looks like Nintendo's been saving up lots of ideas.  New Super Mario Bros. retains that classic Mario feel, but introduces all sorts of new visual tricks and gameplay elements.  Who better that the king of platforming to show that the classic genre can still offer something fresh and different?"

Middle Screenshot: "New Super Mario Bros. features a two-player co-op mode--a first for the series."

Bottom Screenshot: "Not content simply to keep Luigi out of the limelight, Mario now uses his brother as a human shield.  Maybe next time Luigi should leave his hotshot sibling to rot in the haunted mansion."

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »
Japan always gets the good stuff first, I do know that's where most of them are made there, but that's just frustrating.

Other Guy: We are not in Kansas anymore.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 03:19:41 PM »
I've seen this before...Oh, yeah. From Nintendo Power. I'm pretty certain that I'm the only male I know personally (forums don't count, so don't try to make me feel better) that really wants this game. Why? For the sole reason that it is Mario-related.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 12:09:18 PM »
As a big anime/manga fan, I'm most looking forward to Bleach DS, which I hear will be online. As good as Jump Superstars was, I was really disappointed that came out just before Nintendo started making their games with online support.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 02:21:34 AM »
I'm not sure if anybody else has seen this yet, but apparently there's going to be a new Wario side-scroller for the DS.  It's called Kaitō Wario:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kait%C5%8D_Wario

I found a Wikipedia stub talking about it.  Apparently there was a single singelscreen shot shown in Famitsu.  I don't remeber seeing this anywhere else, but if you've already posted about it, then I'm sorry for the repeat.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
There's also going to be a sports-themed Mario game for the DS called Mario Basket 3on3. More DS games on this website: http://forums.videogamereview.com/showthread.php?t=5568
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 09:00:49 AM »
Both of those were reported here many months ago.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 12:25:44 PM »
Gotcha, sorry about that.

Print