Print

Author Topic: Sonic/Mario crossover?  (Read 11263 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 09:44:50 AM »
For those of you who liked the idea, I'd like to hear some your own ideas for this kind of game. As for me, I'll post more later on. Just wait....

Wii

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »
Though it could be good, I don't really like the idea. Not only is it pretty cheesey, any dedicated Mario fans can see that it could ruin Mario's image, as well as Sonic's

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »
Cheesy? Ruin their images? How!?

Wii

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »
Well, it's always been known that crossovers only usually happen when a company or product is selling badly. An example of this happened a few years ago when the Rugrats met The Wild Thornberrys. A few months later, their showing were rarer and they stopped making more, or so i've heard.
Also, plumber meets blue talking hedgehog? I dunno. I like the idea, but I still say it's cheesey. It would be good in a Super Smash Bros., or in a sports game, but it could be good in any, if done well.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 03:32:23 PM »
How can you compare something as novel as a Sonic/Mario crossover to something as lame as that movie?
Nintendo and Sega wouldn't do this just because their slaes are dropping, they'd do it becuase it's one of the most dreamed about things since the War of 1991. Trust me, I know how to make this work.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »
I would have to say that a Sonic/Mario game would be kinda like the Crash/Spyro GBA games where they switch places and enemies. For instance, sonic would have to fight Goombas and Bowser and collect coins, while Mario would have to collect rings while fighting robots and such on his way to Dr.Eggman, Also, Luigi and Tails would switch places (Luigi would use his Poltergust to hover) and Knuckles would switch with Toad (He would have digging equipment and suction cup shoes, and a JetPack). It could possibly work, but Would require a lot of thinking.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »
I've already done tons of thing on this subject. I'm a member at IGN and a few of my fellow members and I have createda thread where we discuss ideas for a Sonic/Mario game.

Anyway, one of the key concepts was that the gameplay would be heavily based on the classic platformers and the cast would be kept at a minimum, so it mostly focuses on Mario, Sonic, Bowser and Eggman. The characters do switch worlds, but in essence you're taking Mario's controls and abilities and applying them to a level from a Sonic game(and vice-verca). They even get to use each other's powerups.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »
That is a great idea. I can just imagine Sonic Throwing Fireballs...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 03:57:59 PM »
And Mario using the homing attack.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »
1. The homing attack wasn't part of the classic Sonic games.
2. I said powerups. The homing attack doesn't comefrom a powerup, only Sonic can use it(in Sonic Adventure at least).

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 04:00:59 PM »
Well technically, Mario can do it in M&L:SS in Luigi's Hammer Bros. Move.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 04:03:30 PM »
Sonic has dumb powerup's, Mabye not his shield thingie.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 06:05:17 PM »
Dumb? JUst imagine Mario speeding along with the Power Sneakers or doing the Mid-air Fireball Dash with the Flame Shield. He could also breathe underwater with the Bubble Shield and jump even higher with the Electric Shield.

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 11:06:11 PM »
A Mario/sonic crossover may sound cool, but I think it wouldn't take off. The plot would probably be somthing cheesy like, Sonic and Mario were walking along one day when suddenly they find a conveniently placed portal that teleports them to each others realm!. But if a game like that was every made, I imagine Mr.Miyamoto and The Sonic Team would join forces in order to develop the game. The level design would feature elements found in both sonic and mario games.. Enemies from both series would appear, as well as some new ones. The game would take a page from the mega man X series, at any given time when you press select, Mario/Sonic switches with the other. It would come out exculsively for the DS.

But a crossover wouldn't work. People don't think too lively of crossovers other then SSB. It would be too risky.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Wii

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 01:42:18 AM »
I'd like it to happen, but I don't think it will. Hardly and Spyro or Crash games have come out since that crossover, have they?
However, there have been things all over the internet about a Sonic/Mario crossover for years (rumours about him being in Super Smash bros., Mario Kart, Sunshine, etc.), so it may be in production.

Print