Print

Author Topic: POW Stadium  (Read 9006 times)

« on: June 27, 2000, 09:49:12 PM »
OK, on the box for "Super Mario All-Stars" there are all these screen-shots of different arenas and different enemies and different stuff for the 2-player battle games, and it even says it's the original "Mario Bros." but I can't figure out how to get the different levels or whatever of POW Stadium, I just get the one place for Battle Game and the other place for in-game matches.  How do I play the other version?  It doesn't say how in the instructions.  Do they even exist?  Is it a printing error?  What?  I'm going crazy, here!
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2000, 10:27:37 PM »
Sorry man but you left me clueless on this one

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2000, 11:06:28 PM »
Hmm... do you have a scan of the box?  Send it in to Deezer, maybe he can help.

It might be another case of the infamous "we had to use a beta version of the game for the box art in order to get them printed in time for the holiday rush" syndrome so prevalent in the video gaming industry :)
Someone set up us the bomb!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2000, 11:12:50 PM »
"Hmm" indeed. If you can, send me a scan of the back of the box. And while you're at it, the front also. (Never found a scan on the 'net, and I bought my copy from a friend who lost the box...) Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2000, 11:19:43 PM »
Sorry, it wasn't the box, it was the gaming instructions.  On page 36 of the "Players' Choice, Million Seller" edition of the "Super Mario All-Stars" pamphlet, there are 6 screen shots.  The 2 on top and 2 below look just likt the battle games I've played, but the 2 in the middle have something like nothing I've ever played.  Has anyone figured out how to get these battle screens?
Mega 2

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2000, 12:08:12 AM »
Oh! Oh! I haven't seen the pictures in question, but could this 'POW Stadium' be a reference to the 1-on-1 battle mini-game in SMB3?  You know, during 2-player mode when one brother lands on another at the map screen and selects him like any other level?
It is a remake of the original Mario Bros. arcade game.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2000, 07:06:17 AM »
Yes!  You're like an echo.  I mean, how do you get the arenas in the other screen shots?  Does anyone else have the manual that came with "Super Mario All-Stars?"  Has anyone found some way to play in these arenas?  
Mega 2

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2000, 04:09:12 PM »

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2000, 04:42:26 PM »
Are any of those screen shots the 2 you haven't played yet?

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2000, 09:00:00 PM »
The bottom two I've seen on the manual but never in the game.  How do you get to them?
Mega 2

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2000, 09:43:02 PM »
Mega, U can get em by going in SMB3, going to 2 player game, and every 4 rounds, a different level comes up.  Here are some pictures of when i got to those levels:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/videogamecodes/mario.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/videogamecodes/mario2.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/videogamecodes/mario3.jpg

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2000, 04:55:53 PM »
Rounds?
Mega 2

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2000, 05:29:32 AM »
What I mean by "rounds" is when one person beats the other person once in that "mini-game" inside the game.

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2000, 08:52:13 AM »
After one round the loser goes back to their square and the winner gets to play.  If you select "battle game" all the rounds have the same scenery.  What are you talking about?  I'm confused.
Mega 2

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2000, 09:12:48 AM »
U have to go in two player mode (not battle game)  then just put that little mario dude over the (l) thing and press whatever button to get into that game.  Then just let Luigi die, and repeat the process

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2000, 05:37:24 PM »
in battle game mode, the scenery changes every round
Mew2
(aka, Mushroom Kingdom Citizen, Myu2, Me-u2)

Print