Print

Author Topic: Making a new Mario 2D game  (Read 6075 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: August 27, 2002, 11:29:18 AM »
I am programming a new mario game in DarkBASIC. I want it to be more like smb3, but with yoshi. I have lots of ideas for the game (over 20 kb of text). If you know anything about 2d game programming, have sprites, sounds, music, or backgrounds and want to help with the project or simply give suggestions please email dennisshows@yahoo.com with "Mario 2D" in the subject, or post your reply in this forum.

I fried egg will never hatch a Yoshi!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 01:27:08 PM »
Um, I dont know if this will help but I have some (WAV files)Wario Land 4 Soundtracks 'n CD themes if you want them. I also have a few Street Fighter 2 and Saturday Night Slam Masters(also all WAVs) and 3 Bomberman Music selections(gimme a W! W! gimme a A! A! gimme a V! V! WAV!) Oh yeah, good luck to ya!

Beep!
Login:
User Name: Super Mario 123187
Password:******
Signature: Lets-a go!!!!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 03:22:12 PM »
Any of the Wario Land stuff would help because I am including him in the game, but can not find many sounds, music files, or images for him.

I am also planning on having Donkey Kong, Zelda, and other Nintendo characters in the game.

Thanks, dennisshows@yahoo.com
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2002, 03:31:03 PM »
You can find lots of sprites at The Shyguy Kingdom, and a lot of good WAVs on TMK.
src="http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/images/ani/anibonuscoin.gif">
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 04:05:41 PM »
Thanks, I already have almost all of the sprites I will need from The Shyguy Kingdom.  I have WAVs from TMK.  Although not nearly all that I will eventually need,  I can put the specific sounds in later.  Now I am concentrating on the story, gameplay, and graphics.  

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 05:24:36 PM »
http://www.vgmusic.com/ is the BEST video game music place EVER!!!

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2002, 07:17:27 AM »
Im brushing back up on my flash skills, but i belive that sompthing to the effect you are looking for could be done in flash much eisier.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2002, 08:56:35 PM »
Ah ha ha! Doth thou want me to sendeth it in a zipped-uh-eth folder or what-eth?*
*Do you want me to send them in a zipped folder or what?*
I've always wanted to talk like that!

Beep!
Login:
User Name: Super Mario 123187
Password:******
Signature: Lets-a go!!!!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2002, 01:58:07 PM »
If it is large please but it in a zipped folder and if it is very large you might need to contact me first so that I can have space in my email available.

You allways wanted to speaketh like whateth.

Thanks to those who suggested The Shyguy Kingdom for sprite sheets and http://www.vgmusic.com/ for video game music.  I have found most everything I need at those two sites.  I still need a few more sounds and backgrounds, but my main thing right now is storyboarding the game and programming the code for Mario (and other characters) movement.

If anyone here uses DarkBASIC and can offer any help please let me know.

Edited by - Luigison on 8/31/2002 1:08:40 PM

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2002, 07:08:25 PM »
You saw my movement engine in the emails, does it help at all?
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2002, 06:25:42 PM »
I thought it was good when I played your game, but I haven't realy looked at it in detail because I am trying to build from the ground up so that I understand everything about my code.  Also, I am studing C++ and considering it to build my game.

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2002, 07:15:59 PM »
Yikes! This sucker is over 10 mb big! perhaps I will make two different zipped files.....

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2002, 06:21:26 PM »
....or three or four.....

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2002, 06:24:16 PM »
....or three or four.....

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2002, 07:24:48 PM »
Umm... back a while, it should have been "Dost thou" instead of "Doth thou." And if I have any useful stuff to contribute, I will say.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print