Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 8 Makes Record-Breaking Debut (NA Press Release)  (Read 7370 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 02, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »
July 2, 2007- Mario™ and his pals have plenty to party about: Mario Party 8 has become the all-time fastest-selling title in Nintendo's popular Mario Party series. As the first Mario Party game created exclusively for Wii™, this new installment has sold more than 550,000 copies in the United States during the weeks following its May 29 launch.

Enlivening Mario Party's fun-filled formula with a carnival theme, the latest version of this virtual board game allows players to use the Wii Remote's unique motion controls while navigating new boards, meeting new characters and going head-to-head in new minigames. Kids and adults can easily pick it up and start playing together.

"The overwhelming response not only reminds us how much fans absolutely love the Mario Party franchise but also proves the unmatched ability of the Wii system to attract new players," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Wii users are keeping the Mario Party going strong."

For more information about Mario Party 8, please visit www.MarioParty.com.

End Press Release.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
I wonder if it sold so many units because it was the first Mario Party for the Wii or because it's genuinely good. Mario Party 7 sucks. I liked number 5. I want to try 8.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:26:58 PM »
I wonder if it sold so many units because it was the first Mario Party for the Wii or because it's genuinely good. Mario Party 7 sucks. I liked number 5. I want to try 8.

8 is without a doubt the best Party game in a long time. The boards have some pretty awesome themes and the minigames are a blast when using the Wii remote.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 05:19:31 PM »

I feel so dirty after watching that.  And I don't remember THAT mini-game.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »
I wonder if it sold so many units because it was the first Mario Party for the Wii or because it's genuinely good.
Probably because it was for the Wii.

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »

I wonder what was the point of that. That seems to be an interesting mini-game, by the way.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »

I feel so dirty after watching that.  And I don't remember THAT mini-game.
Soda-shaking, baby!

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:30:04 PM »

I feel so dirty after watching that. 

Seconded. I saw that and thought "What the Dukar..."

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »
I was more like "What the heck?"!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »
The girl on the right is having a wonderful time. Boing, boing, boing, boing...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »

Girl in the middle: She's either laughing at how weird this would look on camera, cringing in fear at what's happening on screen, or about to pass gas.
Girl on the right: What Bird Person said.
Girl on the left: Apparently, she forgot what to do, so she improvised and held her mouth open the entire time.

Anyway, I'm rather surprised at this games "success". I thought it would just die off quickly like any Mario Party game.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 05:03:59 PM »
Well, the game is a majpr improvement over the others. For once, I actually enjoy playing a Mario Party!

Print