Print

Author Topic: Poor Initial Japanese Sales for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story?  (Read 4078 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: February 11, 2019, 11:20:24 PM »
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey was released in Japan in late December, and it may be off to a fairly slow start.  Famitsu sales data tracked by the site Game Data Library indicates that the game has only sold about 20,000 copies in its first month of release.  Sales could always pick up, of course, but it's not quite lighting up the charts at the moment.

Nintendolife wrote about this, noting that the game is currently one of the worst selling Mario titles ever released -- we'll have to see how sales do over the next few months!

Links:
Game Data Library
Nintendolife's Article
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 09:15:09 AM »
Well, Nintendo also made Mario Sports games, and so did Sega. ☺ In fact, Nintendo made the Mario Sports franchise and Sega helped Nintendo with the Mario and Sonic at the Olmypic Games series. Haven't you heard about Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga and Bowser's Minions? I think sales are going great with M+L:SS+BM!
It's a-me, SWPlaysMC! This Sig loves you by default. I have POWER... I HAVE FURY!

Print