Print

Author Topic: SMB Hats-No Cushions-No, Hat Shaped Cushions!  (Read 6234 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 06, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »

Imagine this: You are a cosplayer who loves Mario, but could never seem to get the hat right. You see these awesome, one of a kind Mario and Luigi hats (above) and they are perfect in every way. Actually, they seem a little too perfect. But you, being the gigantic Mario fan that you are, pre-order the hats and throw caution to the wind. Months later, once your order's getting ready to ship, the merchant sends you a message that reads like this:

"Late last year, NCS started preorders for Mario and Luigi Hats but the manufacturer neglected to mention that the "Hats" would actually be cushions shaped like hats. As in, they're not really wearable. Due to the error, NCS has contacted every customer who preordered the Mario Hats to reconfirm their orders. We're guessing most people won't want them if they're not wearable but they could sort of turn into hats if you attach a chin-strap with alligator clips and don't mind looking like there's a Mario or Luigi Cushion sitting on top of your noggin like a big loaf of bread."

Alright, enough hypothetical situations; this is exactly what happened over at National Console Support, Inc. and most customers were none too happy about it. However, if you'd still like to order the wearable cushion hats, it'll cost 29.00 American coins. They measures 35cm or 13.77" across making "it oversized and exaggerated" (ed: their words, not mine)

I'd still buy it, then again, I'd buy anything that had Mario on it.

Link: NCSX
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:37:02 AM by MEGAߥTE »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »
Um, those don't look to much like hats in the first place. They're too...how to say it...plushie-like.

But they're still cute!

P.S.
I wouldn't be caught DEAD paying 30.00 USD for those. Do you know what game I could buy?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 03:37:38 PM »
I would never pay $30 for those unless they were wearable, which, sadly, they aren't.  That sucks.  I need a Luigi hat.  I have a red hat that looks similar to Mario's; I just need to stuff it to make it more poofy and put the 'M' on.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:03:01 PM »
They're too...how to say it...plushie-like.
And therefore perfect!

Except for the whole you-can't-actually-wear-them bit.  But the plushiness is authentic, I'd say.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »
Hmm, those look pretty nice.

...Okay, I guess I'll be the first to point it out here, then. What's with the constant thread-making?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »
They look good and if money grew on trees I'd probably get the Mario one at least. It'd be really nice to have a novelty Mario cap (that's not homemade from a ball cap, like I have). But... who lays their head ON a hat?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 12:14:35 PM »
I have a red hat that looks similar to Mario's; I just need to stuff it to make it more poofy and put the 'M' on.

I think Mario's hair/head is what makes his hat poofy.

Besides, you could just get one of these and paint it green with an L on it.

Print