Print

Author Topic: A Metroid movie is being planned!  (Read 5818 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2003, 05:03:49 PM »
Metriod Prime is awesome, and so will the Wind Waker be!

The Wind Waker is gonna be one of the greats for GCN, which include: Metriod Prime, SFA, SMS, SMBM, and many others that I haven't mentioned.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2003, 09:20:34 PM »
I agree with that.
Personally, I like Metroid the least of the "legendary" Nintendo game series, mainly because there's really no characters, just running around and some cool explosions. I'm interested to know what they can do to improve the depth of the story to make a movie... maybe it would have some base in the backstory stuff that Samus remembers during Metroid Fusion...

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2003, 07:49:01 PM »
I love the Metroid series. I like the sense of desolation it gives. Don't get me wrong, nothing can beat Zelda, but I like most of the Metroid games better than I liked Mario Sunshine. The newer Mario games seem to be losing my interest.

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2003, 08:25:12 PM »
"Nothing can beat Zelda", except Star Fox Adventures and Mario games! >:-D

That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2003, 10:40:21 PM »
A Nintendo über-franchise turned into an R-Rated movie? I can see it now:

Metroid Silver(screen)
-All the Space Pirate guts you want to see!
-Hear Samus Aran for the FIRST TIME! But remember kids, bounty hunters don't mince words!
-How loose can that Chozo armor get? Find out in several 'space warrior on CO computer' scenes that would make a War Wasp blush!
-Learn about Samus's early years in the drug running business!
-And don't forget the powerups, now with more!

Hmm, anyone know a producer?

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2003, 01:07:24 PM »
a metroid movie would be great! they would need to make movies on all the games because the story is so complex though, and that might ruin Metroid like pokemon merchandise (besides the games) ruined pokemon.

----

<Whirlwind> Life's like a tornado, you keep on spinning around.
<Kirby> Uhhh, you do?
<Whirlwind> Sure ya do.
<Kirby> How?
<Whirlwind> Simple. you just start spinnin' around like so, *starts spinning around* and keep spinnin' *keeps on spinning* and life goes on.
<Kirby> But, how IS life like a tornado.
<Whirlwind> I dunno.
<Kirby> .........
----

Life's like a tornado, you keep on spinning around.
Uhhh, you do?
Sure ya do.
How?
Simple. you just start spinnin' around like so, *starts spinning around* and keep spinnin' *keeps on spinning* and life goes on.
But, how IS life like a tornado.
I dunno.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2003, 08:40:42 PM »
Metroid? Story? Complex?
I don't know about that...

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2003, 01:22:18 PM »
Which game would the movie be based on? Metroid? Metroid 2: Return of Samus? Super Metroid? Metroid Fusion? Metroid Prime?

Metroid Fusion sort of strays away from the traditional plotline: *Samus lands on a distant planet where Space Pirates are using the abundant Metroid aliens to fuel their evil schemes...*
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2003, 05:43:38 PM »
The movie should first be based on the original metroid. Without that, she's just hunting the entire species. there are no pirates in the return of samus so theres no real explanation of why she wants the metroids extinct. then can come metroid two. where she finds the baby metroid. then super metroid, where she fights the mother brain. I really don't know where metroid fusion and prime come into the story, so I couldn't say.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2003, 05:49:27 PM »
Metroid Fusion is Metroid 4 and Metroid Prime is Metroid 1.5.

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2003, 12:26:07 AM »
I think they would have to use at least half the storyline from the entire series to make it enough of a story for a movie, because the majority of the first 4 Metroid games (this includes Prime, not Fusion) are really less storyline than just wandering around for a few hours, and it's a lot more boring watching Samus run around when you're not making her do it.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 2/6/2003 10:28:15 PM
That was a joke.

Print