Print

Author Topic: WarpRattler's Gaming Challenge  (Read 23035 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
People who aren't good at racking up points in SMB have not played SMBDX.

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »
I forgot about that. Stupid You vs. Boo and For Super Players/Lost Levels/2.

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
There was a game for sale a while back on XBLA, a cheap indie game called Globe Clicker. I wonder if it's still available. Basically you're given a city and have to try and pick as close as you can to where it is. We could go for longest number of rounds in World mode.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 11:50:48 PM »
XBLIG stuff can't be played offline, which I know is a point of contention for at least one person here.

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 01:23:49 AM »
Geometry Wars 2 jumps to my mind, though bobman37 and I probably already have the highest scores we ever will.
No way man, I still have a lot of give room.

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 01:28:51 AM »
XBLIG stuff can't be played offline, which I know is a point of contention for at least one person here.
Wait, really? Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 01:48:08 AM »
I have no idea, really. Possibly for the same reason much of the service is region-locked.

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »

I have played it, and I'm still not good at racking up points. XD

You probably wouldn't like my suggestions, but what about Smash Bros Brawl or Mario Kart Wii..? Or another Wii,Ds game most Forumers have and can play online..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
How 'bout Super Crate Box?  It's freely available, supposedly fun, and high-score-centric.
Go Moon!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »
I played Super Crate Box back at launch and can vouch for its quality, but this is definitely not the right forum for getting people to play PC games.

And even if it were, shouldn't you be suggesting JiroSum? ;)

Toad, the problem with those is that while they have the "asynchronous" thing going on to an extent, they're still multiplayer games; the idea with single-player games is, we don't need to try to coordinate gameplay sessions with other people. Something like Civilization IV, which offers Play-By-Mail options, would be better in that regard, but still not ideal.

(Also, I don't own Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Mario Kart Wii.)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »
Well, for one, I knew full well that I (and a couple others) have played JiroSum extensively enough already.
Otherwise, I figured I'd suggest a game that people might actually be willing to try.
Go Moon!

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »
Ooops. Right then.. I'll try to think of something else..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »
We interrupt your current game-suggestion programming for this important XBLA-related news bulletin:

Attention all pinball fans! All three Pinball FX2 table packs - Marvel Pinball, Pinball FX1, and the Core Pack - are half-price starting today and running through next Tuesday! That's 400MSP for each pack of four tables, or 800MSP for the two packs worth getting (I've heard the FX1 tables are pretty bad, and would rather not spend the money to confirm such myself).

Attention all everything-else fans! A buttload of other games are on sale as well, including mega-hit Super Meat Boy (400MSP, a third of its regular price) and awesome racing game OutRun Online Arcade (400MSP - and note that this game will be pulled from XBLA at the end of the year due to Sega's Ferrari license expiring)! There will also be Black Friday and Cyber Monday single-day specials, so make sure to check in on those days!

Back on topic, we should play Gradius III (SNES). Unlike the arcade version, which you'll find a picture of next to the definition of "stupid hard" in the video game terminology dictionary I'm writing, the SNES version is so easy that most people here should be able to clear the first loop on a single credit on default settings within their first few tries, at which point they can learn how to play for score (which mainly consists of "kill things" and "don't die," but extended beyond the first loop).

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 11:47:20 PM »
Finally playing Pinball FX 2. What is triple skill shot? I've only seen double.

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »
On paranormal, you launch the ball really light, and it drops to the upper right flipper, where you hit it up the Nessie ramp, and then there you hit it to the spinner.  500,000 for skill shot, 1,000,000 for double, 2,000,000 for Super Skill shot.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print