Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145170 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2013, 01:54:11 AM »
Miiverse posts are in black and white BORING AAAA

Posted this one in the midst of a field of requests for geno and drawings of Mario, Mega Man and Sonic about to fight. I'm such a HIPSTER
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »
i also posted this in my fan creations or whatever thread but i drew a meggerman because i was so excite, look at it
please

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2013, 08:53:19 AM »

Whistle

God the stages look good. I'm happy about that. The number of Brawl stages with recycled assets from GameCube games was awful. I complain about that a lot, but I loved the way Melee had new up-to-date models for most of the stages and trophies, lending everything a consistent visual style and made it feel like a celebration of Nintendo properties. Brawl felt more like a scrapbook, and all the new effort went into SSE. Yes, that's right, make a game in a primarily multiplayer genre, and a crossover, and put all the time and resources into a single-player mode with hideous enemy designs and bland, generic maps that aren't crossed over from anything. While you're at it, make clashing gameplay concepts turn it into a frustrating, thankless nightmare and force the player to do everything twice to see the ending, and then AGAIN for 100% completion. 10/10 idea, Sakurai. Only no. That is a sarcastic joke. 0/10 would complain on the Internet about it again. I'm thrilled that it isn't happening a second time. So I'm more happy about the way everything, not just the stages, looks so far.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:06:26 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
I was going to argue with you on the Great Maze, but I remembered how boring it was. At least it had a save feature so you could leave once you lost your attention span. (not that it was ever needed for me)

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
To be fair, BP, Melee needed new models for almost everything because it was a really early GC release.
Relics.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »
BP, the stages in SSE were based off the areas the characters were all in during the events of smash bros. It's consistent in that regard at least, but I completely agree that the stages could've borrowed assets from all the games. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there a DK barrel sequence somewhere in there... it's been so long since I've played it.
Formerly quite reasonable.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2013, 07:25:50 PM »
I disagree with you on the overall quality of SSE, BP, but I certainly see your point. It's interesting to imagine what Brawl might have been had less time been dedicated to the single-player modes. But even so, I'm really satisfied with the Brawl that we got. SSE has its flaws, but I had loads of fun with it. I even liked the Great Maze! And multiplayer also has flaws, but they aren't flaws that, to me at least, make it unfun. That said, I'm really interested to see where Smash 4 goes, both in terms of multiplayer mechanics, and whatever single-player modes it ends up with. I'll probably even end up buying it twice!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:41 PM »
Online multiplayer was, of course, a joke. Here's hoping Nintendo has the capability to at least try to match PSN with the Wii U.
Formerly quite reasonable.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »
Oh right. That. It was so bad, I forgot that it existed.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2013, 10:03:49 PM »
Online multiplayer was, of course, a joke. Here's hoping Nintendo has the capability to at least try to match PSN with the Wii U.
I have played several WFC games and not noticed any lag. Either everybody else's internet is terrible, or Minecraft made me desensitised to lag.

Or I'm not good enough to notice.

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »
The could be and often was a huge input delay; input lag rather than a framerate drop or teleporting/strange movement. Although I don't remember if teleporting happened also.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »
In order to keep the games synced on both (or all) ends, I think they employed input lag and, while they didn't DROP the framerate per se, I seem to remember them pausing or slowing down the action if things got too desynchronized.  At the worst of times, the game became a turn-based tactical game: with generous slow-down and huge chunks of time before you saw your moves take effect, you had to (and had the opportunity to) think several steps ahead, and queue up the appropriate moves.  And while that could make an interesting idea for SOME kind of game, it ended up really lousy for Brawl.
Go Moon!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
Signs are pointing towards a turn-based Nintendo crossover game. RPG? Strategy game? Uh...board game?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2013, 04:52:24 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there a DK barrel sequence somewhere in there... it's been so long since I've played it.
As I recall, there were parts where you got shot between things that worked just like the DKC barrel cannons, but they weren't DKC barrel cannons, they were some new made-up generic metal thing.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »
There were a lot of suspiciously similar replacements in tSsE. Why they didn't just use the real thing is beyond me.

Print