Print

Author Topic: Let's reminisce about TheColonelKR  (Read 6723 times)

« on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »
I'm sure we're all feeling the same sort of morbid disappointment as when Firefly or Arrested Development was cancelled; We've lost a source of genuine entertainment.

Here you all were, all nicely chugging along in a metaphorical field full of flowers with happy, carefree Mario discussion when in comes a visionary. He is, after all, the only man who has ever posted a screenplay to these forums. A full length feature film with 3D animation, pamphlets about The Mushroom Kingdom, and Dry Bones heroically sacrifices himself by jumping in front of a fireball, burning to a crisp, never to reassemble his bones and rise again .

Here you all were, watching such gems of wisdom like
Uh, sorry.  I had no idea that that was an avatar depicting a baby looking like Roger Ebert crossed with that guy who played Professor Crawley on that Big Bang Theory episode with the cricket.

fall as unappreciated pearls from his keyboard.

But fret not; one with as much to say as he surely will not disappear from the internet completely. I wouldn't be surprised if he made an alt account, joined some other forum, or even started his own forum where his written word would be properly appreciated, and judged on its own merits rather than the qualms of those of us here.

And so here lies his account. Let us reminisce together, and remember the truly unforgettable time where our boards were graced with his presence.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
i

remember

when

i

saw

his

great

oh wait this has nothing to do with steven9wii
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »
But fret not; one with as much to say as he surely will not disappear from the internet completely. I wouldn't be surprised if he made an alt account, joined some other forum, or even started his own forum where his written word would be properly appreciated, and judged on its own merits rather than the qualms of those of us here.

He told me in a PM that he had previously joined Mario Wiki's forum and they basically gave him the same stint we did or something like that.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
Chances are he's reading every word of this, so make it count.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
To TheColonelKR. May he rest in peace. He was crazy. He was a crazy person. He said crazy things.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »
He's just unappreciated in his time, that's all.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »
Pretty much. Within the decade, expect Shigeru Miyamoto's Super Mario Bros. to usurp the likes of Citizen Kane and The Godfather as the greatest film of all time.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
I've already pre-ordered my ticket. And by "pre-ordered" I mean "Sealed 12 dollars in a wrinkled envelope labeled 'For TheColonelKR' ".
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
Pretty much. Within the decade, expect Shigeru Miyamoto's Super Mario Bros. to usurp the likes of Citizen Kane and The Godfather as the greatest film of all time.

This is the part where he would honestly thank you for saying that.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »
He stands with Joe_Cracker as one of The Greats.

Hopefully the final script will feature 27% more scenes with the 1950s sitcom penguin family.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 01:56:52 AM »
Can you imagine what the next Paper Mario would be like with him as the writing head? I'm left speechless at the mere idea.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »
That already happened. The result was Super Paper Mario.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »
Super Paper Mario feels more like it was written by some teenage girl on Fanfiction.net than Colonel. If it were written by Colonel it would feature Bowser trying to pull of some "satirical" political powerplay, Mario trying to find himself, and a plethora of awful verbal jokes.

Print