Print

Author Topic: GameStop Midnight Launch for Mario Kart Wii in Europe  (Read 5146 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 09, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »

Honestly, when I heard the news, I was a bit surprised. Not that I am trying to downplay Mario Kart Wii's popularity, rather that GameStop is going to go this extra mile to open their stores that late for the game. As I read on, however, it seems this midnight launch is only being held at one store, with the other 49 stores in Europe holding off until normal business hours the next day. The lucky GameStop location is the Henry Street store, so anyone in that area is encouraged to stroll in on Thursday night and pick up a copy. As long as you had a reservation, that is.

If any visitors to TMK are attending, please let us know and post some pictures. Who knows what zany characters will come out for the game!

Link:  irishdev.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »
When MKW comes out in the US, do you think we'll get it on the day of release, or will Nintendo not ship them till launch, and most places won't get it on shelves till the day after?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print