Print

Author Topic: Four Tracks That Should Have Been in MKWii  (Read 5556 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:11:16 AM »

Wild Tyme blog has a list up of four tracks that the writer, Mike Leader, felt should have been in Mario Kart Wii. Among the four, he calls for a generic Mario Galaxy level, and a Virtual Console track. I think that would be have been pretty neat, if done the way he described it. Check out his other choices, and feel free to list some tracks you wanted to see!

Link: wildtyme.blogspot.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »
I still think the lack of anything Mario Galaxy in Brawl is a major letdown(now the trophy/sticker hoard is already obselete!).

Okay, so the first three are SMG-related and the last one is... just a bad idea. Still, I myself was grousing before about how there wasn't a SMG track (racing from planetoid to planetoid!).

And heck, I don't think I even know what all tracks are in MKW! (and I'm trying to keep it that way, as Brawl's cool was somewhat diminished by me knowing almost everything in advance. Then again, MKW wasn't delayed continuously...)

BTW: Luigi's Mansion was in MKDD?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
BTW: Luigi's Mansion was in MKDD?

It was a battle track, I believe.
Ditto used Machop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »
That battle track rocks.

It's my opinion that the only good idea from that article, really, is the Comet Observatory. The VC thing sounds like a big mess, like ideas people come up with "I want a Mario game with every boss, ever!"

Ahhhhhh... am I wrong or is Waluigi Pinball returning? That's the only cool thing with "Waluigi" in the name that I can think of.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:21:03 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »
The Comet Observatory would have been good, though Rainbow Road does cover some of Mario Galaxy.  What I really dislike about their Virtual Console idea is that they imply blasting between different areas.  I hate tracks with blast zones because it takes away from actual racing and you just have to sit there any wait.

Waluigi Stadium is returning.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:07:57 AM »

Is as bad as

Is as bad as

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 10:10:03 AM »
Okay, i get the point, lol. From now on I will make a new, out of this world picture with each blog post.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
Without the dimensions stretched oddly, I hope.

Print