Print

Author Topic: The Rat Cellar  (Read 25164 times)

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »
My friend (not Blackcloud) said that Devil Went Down To Georgia was like, harder than TTFaF. He can 87% TTFaF but can't get anywhere near beating DWDTG.

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »
So I was in a Guitar Hero tournament today at my school. Double elimination, winner of the loser's bracket plays the winner of the winner's bracket.

First song was something I forget on medium. I got 100%. It was easy.
Then we played some song on Hard. I won easily.
Then we played Jessica on Hard. I lost to a kid that got 100% and I missed one note in a SP phrase.
Then I played my rival on Sweet Child of Mine on Hard. I missed a note in the first SP phrase and he got ahead by 30,000 points, then I nailed a sick solo with an 8x multiplier, and he screwed up the solo. I won in the end. It was insane.
Then the kids in the loser's bracket (including me) played Madhouse on Hard, and the kids in the winner's bracket had a "bye" during this part. I won. Easily. That made me the top dog in the loser's bracket.

We were supposed to play three GH2 songs and two GH3 songs for the finals, but time was short so they cut it down to one song: Through the Fire and Flames.

I had never played this song before. I was to play the kid that beat me on Jessica. He apparently owns Guitar Hero 3 and I had only been playing since Monday (not counting the last two days, my 360 guitar broke). so Through the Fire and Flames was a sightread for me, and he already had it down for the most part.

Also they were to decide it by percent of notes hit, not total points. He hit 84%, I got 75%. I'm not that upset because 75% on my first time ever playing TTFaF on Expert is insane.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 05:33:58 PM »
I still fail that song instantly whenever I try it.

Oh, also, Halo Theme: Mjolnir Mix, XBL, for free. *headexplode*
every

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 10:15:04 PM »
Rock Band website got its community stuff up now. I'm known as Lizard_Dude. Friend me!

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 12:53:58 AM »
I registered. Name's xbobman37x. I couldn't get past the math problem for a while though. That was a bad move, putting that on there.

As soon as my friend registers, we'll have my better band (california cash refund) online. As of now, my brother's and my band is online (cottage cheese celebration).

Also, while I was browsing the Band Rankings page for amusing band titles, I found one called Stoners Reeking Havoc. I lol'd

vvv
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 01:13:28 AM by bobman37 »

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 12:44:30 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQIRTRHQ9w

I hope this isn't a screen-scratching peripheral like the thumb thing for SM64DS. Good thing I've gone through four DS since then. :)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 01:13:53 AM »
I saw that video a few days ago. Frankly, I'm not sure what to think of the singer.

How well will the guitar grip work with the original DS?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 01:23:44 AM »
Quote from: Gamespot
In addition, the guitar grip will fit both the DS Lite and the older Nintendo DS models--all you need to do is swap out a module close to where the grip attaches to the GBA slot to convert the grip to fit with the older DS model.
Source

Looks really good, might take a look at it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
I'm guessing the adapter comes with, right? Or else I'll be quite unhappy.

And speaking of this Guitar-Hero thing yalls is talkin bout, I'm rather disappointed with GH4 so far. I mean, do we REALLY need a drum and mic? Really? I'm all for character, guitar and song creation, but shoehorning in Rock Band gameplay is just stupid. It's post-GTAIII gaming all over again.
every

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 04:37:50 PM »
But it's required. If they want to have any chance of competing with Rock Band, they need to include the two extra instrument peripherals.

I don't want to have to buy another whole 200 dollar band setup, but I might anyway just because the new drumset looks sweeeet. Two elevated cymbals, a snare, two toms and a bass pedal? I don't think I can pass that up.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »
Given that the drums and vocals pwn the guitar and bass on Rock Band, it's evident that we do need them in Guitar Hero IV.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »
Do we really? It's called Guitar Hero for a reason; adding in drums and vocals will put guitar down on the priority list. What they need to do is make the drums and vocals a separate add-on for rich folks so us poor people don't have to pay $170+ for a previously $90 game.

They should also divide the song list into songs recommended for each instrument, as well as the whole band (that would be five setlists), or maybe have an icon next to each song recommending the instruments. This way they can implement instrument-centric songs without dragging down the whole game.
every

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »
GH4 will surely be available disc-only for $60 at launch. Even Rock Band came out disc-only day 1, before you could buy Rock Band instruments seperately!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »
What I meant was a game/guitar version for $90 day one, with drums and mics (as well as second guitar, of course) available separately for however much they cost. But best-case scenario would be five versions available on day one (disc-only, disc w/one kind of instrument, disc w/all instruments).
every

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »
disc w/one kind of instrument
mmm... If at all, they'll probably have disc, separate instruments, full bundle. But the likely format will be disc-only and full bundle.

Print