Print

Author Topic: The Holy Trinity, Or Whatever  (Read 6143 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
So as you may have heard, a fair number of (American) Nintendo fans are going nuts because of the apparent decision to not localize The Last Story, Xenoblades, and Pandora's Tower. While I didn't know enough about these games to begin with to get too excited about them, I can understand how this is sort of the camel back-breaking straw for a lot of fans. Granted, business is business, but this is pretty much a perfect example of what... well, what I sort of promised I wouldn't grouse about anymore. In any case, what do you think? Does this bode ill for the long-term veracity of The Big N's "I'm sorry, baby, I didn't mean it" PR-speak as of late? Are you just going to shrug "figures" and hit up an import site for your region un-locked Wii? Are you going to complain on the internet for a while, then buy Skyward Sword anyway? Commence vocalization on this localization sensation! (Dalmations)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »
The Last Story and Pandora's Tower were the two Nintendo announcements I was most looking forward to at E3, so yeah, it was rather disappointing that NoA seems to think these games aren't worth localizing.

It goes straight from disappointing to "what the ****" when you consider all three games in question have been confirmed for European release by NoE, which means the localization is already happening and NoA simply doesn't feel like making money.

I figure if US releases don't happen I'll see if the European versions have 60Hz options and, if they do, install homebrew and import.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »
Homebrew + Imports = Who cares, it's NoA's loss
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »
Yeah if I was interested in these I'd definitely be importing or pirating them.  Luckily, I don't care for JRPGs that don't have Pokemon or Mario in the title.  This is lame though.  If they're worried about poor sales, they could just do a small shipment... it just seems like a waste since they're going to the trouble of translating them to English. 

My only other thought is that maybe Nintendo wants to release them for Wii U?  Or maybe even 3DS?  If that's the case, I think it's a smart move.  Unfortunately, I doubt that's the case.
Haters gonna hate

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
Somewhat relevant.

Also, I guess this thread should probably be called "Operation Rainfall", since I just figured out what that is.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:17 PM »
I'm bummed at NOA's response, but not having the numbers and research necessary to make the decision to release or not to release, I can't really fault them. I've got the EU release of Xenoblade preordered, and will do the same for at least The Last Story. Will see about Pandora's Tower.

Also, as an aside why is openly admitting to pirating games not a bannable offense?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 07:13:03 AM »
Should it be?

What would a ban accomplish in that scenario?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30:58 AM »
It would get rid of everyone who played a ROM of EarthBound (more than half the forum, including some staff members).

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »
Darn you warp!  You made me think EarthBound was coming. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
More here, plus a little bit about the other Project Rainfall games: http://shigeruslist.com/2011/12/03/dont-be-a-penoblade-preorder-xenoblade/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:32:27 PM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »
Darn you warp!  You made me think EarthBound was coming.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:27 AM »
Sounds like there's no RPG mode in Mario Tennis Open.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
Pandora's Tower was just announced for US release.

I cannot believe all the games were released.

Sometimes the good guys win.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 06:53:56 PM »
What a happy ending for all the anger so many had. Not me, I have enough games to play as is without adding 3 JRPG's to that list.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

Print