Video Games > Video Game Chat

My Five Favorite Games of 2016

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lizard Dude:
I personally could have done without the dialogue in Megamix but I did lol at the resolution to the story.

CrossEyed7:
Oh yeah, technically I also played Overwatch a couple times during the weekend where it was free (took me half the weekend to download it on my connection), but it turns out my computer can't really run it, so I left that off my list.

BP:
Games I played, liked, but didn't finish/play much of 2016: Dark Souls 3, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, Pokkén Tournament

Games I have yet to pick up but really want 2016: Redout, Superhot, Ittle Dew 2

Games I finished 2016: Pokémon Sun. I bet the magical third version on the Switch will be called Earth, though, not Stars. Who would be the mascot of Stars? Cosmog? You sure about that? Zygarde on the other hand didn't get its own game last generation, is sort of a big deal in this one, and is talked up as a protector of the environment. You heard it here first

What I played a lot of this year: Brawlhalla, Super Mario Maker, Ace Attorney 2-5, Dead Rising & Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Majora's Mask 3D, randomized Pokémon Emerald/White, Mario Galaxy, Luigi's Mansion 1 & 2, God Hand, Chrono Trigger, Ittle Dew, Wario Land 1 2 & 3

Weegee:
All five new games I completed in 2016. Pay no heed to the fact that four are turn-based RPGs.

Pokemon Moon: Really good... until you reach the postgame as realize there is none. Looking forward to the third version.

Dragon Quest VII: I'd rank it second-weakest of the DQs that have been ported to DS/3DS, but it's still a great game.

Bravely Second: Improves on its predecessor in every regard besides plot and characterization. Square Enix deliberately repeated one of Bravely Default's main points of derision for some reason but hey.

Kirby: Planet Robobot: Dare I say the best 3DS Kirby.Piloting the mech suit is somehow even more satisfying than you'd imagine.

Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale: Very basic RPG with rudimentary farming elements. Good for one playthrough, but so straightforward that it's not very fulfilling to replay. GamiGami is one of my all-time favourite characters though; he's like if Booster from SMRPG joined your party. The game gets a bonus point for being packaged with a thick, luscious, mouth-watering 40-page booklet like you used to get with Game Boy games.

Games I meant to list only to discover that they were actually released in 2015, thus reminding me that life is flying past me at a terrifying speed while I do nothing but **** away what little money I earn from my part-time minimum-wage retail job on CDs I'll probably only listen to once and video games: Mario Maker, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Yoshi's Woolly World

Lizard Dude:

--- Quote from: Weegee on January 09, 2017, 12:21:07 AM ---Square Enix deliberately repeated one of Bravely Default's main points of derision for some reason but hey.

--- End quote ---
They warned you they were brave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version