Print

Author Topic: Mini Mario is the star of new Mario vs. DK cover art  (Read 6964 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:54:36 PM »
Though Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars will be a digital-only release in the U.S. and Europe, the pack shots released today by Nintendo of Europe show that they plan to sell download codes at retail stores as well.

Releasing a game case just to hold a download code might seem silly at first, but having something physical in stores will help drive more sales. And with its bold red background and a Mini Mario that seems to be popping out of the cover, this package is sure to catch the eyes of shoppers.

In Japan, Nintendo will include the actual Wii U game disc or 3DS game card in the cases, which means that the neat artwork won't be obscured by the "Hey, you're only buying a download code!" notices.

And now, a question for our readers: Would you rather buy the game case for a code, or save the extra step and order it from the eShop?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:50:03 PM by Deezer »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 07:38:15 AM »
If they're gonna go through the trouble of producing a case, they may as well include a disc. The download code is silly.

Also, I like how it took them 5 whole games to give the actual protagonist top billing. Now if they just give him the same amount of space in the game's title. :P

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »
Mario vs DK2: March of the Minis

Mario vs DK: Minis Ride Again (ok, the DSi one. I never got to play it, so I forget the name..)

Mario vs DK: Mini-Land Mayhem

Mario and DK: Minis on the Move

Yeah you're right. They've never had top billing in the game's title ever.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:41:03 PM »
Indeed.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:41:54 PM »
Has anyone seen the credits for this yet? I'm really interested in what role, if any, Hirokaz Yasuhara played in its development.

And that has to be the most hideous boxart Nintendo has ever put out.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
Tipping Zone, you say?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 07:11:43 AM »

oops
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print