Print

Author Topic: What was your FIRST EVER video game?  (Read 14268 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2003, 01:28:57 PM »
Like many of you, i got the SMB/DH combo that came with the NES and the little orange gun for Christmas inn...jeez...89 i think. What a good year. Everyone and their mother got that for Christmas that season, though...guess parents ran out of ideas. Thank God they did.

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2003, 09:36:38 PM »
First game ever played: SMB/Duck Hunt
First game ever bought: Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest (N64)

"Special Fred, momma dropped him on his head. Now he thinks he''s a piece of bread. Cause he''s a little bit special."

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2003, 09:12:13 PM »
My first ever video game was Super Mario 64.

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2003, 04:14:18 PM »
Besides my very first video game I ever played, I know my first video game I've played on other home consoles and handhelds as well. I didn't start playing video games until 1991.

First GameBoy game I've played: Tetris
First Japanese GameBoy game I've played: Pocket Monsters Pikachuu ~ Pokemon Yellow
First GameBoy Color game I've played: Pocket Bomberman
First Japanese GameBoy Color game I've played: Pokemon Silver
First Gameboy Advance game I've played: Mario Kart Super Circuit
First Japanese GameBoy Advance game I've played: Wario Land Advance
First SNES game I've played: Super Mario World
First N64 game I've played: Mario Kart 64
First Japanese N64 game I've played:
First Sega Dreamcast game I've played: NBA 2K2
First Japanese Dreamcast game I've played: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
First European Dreamcast game I've played: Quake III Arena
First Sega Saturn game I've played: Sega Rally Championship
First Playstation game I've played: WWF Warzone
First Japanese Playstation game I've ever played: WWF Smackdown
First Japanese Gamecube game I've played: Super Smash Brothers DX - Super Smash Brothers Melee
First PC game I've played: ZZT

My first home console was the Sega Genesis model 1.
My first handheld was the GameBoy Pocket.

My AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name: Joyrotto
My AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name: Joyrotto

Jman

• Score
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2003, 11:27:21 PM »
My first ever game was the ever popular Super Mario Bros. 2.  Of course I had to wait until 1997 is when I finally got a Super Nes.  Then a couple months later,  I played the game.  I actually played it for Nes awhile back in the early 90s at a friend's house.

Mariomania is still running wild! Whatcha gonna do Bowser, When Mario runs wild on you!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2003, 01:36:09 PM »
Super Mario World was my first, I just moved around the spectrum after that.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I remember playing Flight Simulator for DOS. Yes, the very first one. I must of been 8 or 9 by then. lol, I couldn't even get the plane off the ground.

Ironfoot
TMK Board Veteran
Posting since 2000
Though not posting very much @_@

Edited by - Ironfoot on 3/25/2003 11:40:21 AM
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2003, 05:16:57 AM »
my first vidio game ever was The ledgand of zelda a link to the past [Ive been a zelda freak since not acusing mario OK]
*ninte*

VkP

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2003, 10:45:15 PM »
My first game that I think I got was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt...I never really played it, my dad got it for me since I was load and noisy and tearing up the house.

Than I guess when I was 7 I might have started playing it. But I never remember playing it much.

I like the Super Nintendo the best. It's awsome. I like Super Mario RPG, that game is awsome. Always played it with my friend when he came over(best friend that lives in a different state)...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2003, 01:52:51 PM »
My first game was both SM All-Stars and SMW (which came w/ the SNES). Christmas '94--ahh...best Christmas ever.

I first game I ever bought was SMRPG (that game was expensive!) Of course, not before renting it about 20 billion times.

1st GB game: Tetris
1st N64 game: Yoshi's Story
1st GBA game: SM Advance
1st (and only) GB color game: SMB DX
1st GCN game: SSMB

I actually got SMB DX after I got a GBA, when I realized it could also play GB and GBC games. So I saved money on not having to buy a GBC!
(We used to be REALLY behind on getting VG systems. I mean, we didn't get an N64 'til October '99!) Fortunately, I've made SURE we stay current--I even pre-ordered SMS!

Sorry 'bout rambling ;)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/5/2003 12:00:39 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2003, 03:53:34 PM »
Mine was Super Mario Bros. 3, my dad played it for me before I fell asleep when I was two. When I was four, I played it for the first time.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2003, 06:03:29 PM »
 Ah yes, Super Mario RPG was expensive. $60, I believe. Took me awhile to get that sort of money in those days.

And yes, Chrono Trigger is a very, very good game. Despite the fact it was only mentioned briefly, everyone should play it.

I could have sworn I posted in this topic before, but it was probably just one that was similar. Anyways, my first game, while I'm not certain, was probably Pac-Man on the Atari. Either that or Pong. Such great games.

My first Nintendo game, on the other hand, was Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2003, 06:47:01 PM »
A topic almost identical to this must of posted before because I remember or dreamed posting on it.

My first console was an Atari 7200 although my mother worked at a toy store so I had played all the systems.  I don't know which atari 7200 game I played first because my grandmother had bought us nearly a dozen game for Christmas that year.  I shared a Tandy with a friend and played a game on it that involved landed a spacecraft.  I saw a similiar game in DarkBASIC recently.  I think the first game I played and got into was a "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" game that was mostly or possible all text, but it was cool because the books where and still are so cool.  I think Pacman, Galaga, or Galaxian was the first arcade video game I played.  (i think i misspelled those game names).  Anway, the first video game I became addicted to was Super Mario Bros.  Later my father and I got addicted to the Final Fantasy series and other similiar RPG's on SNES.  My mother hated it.  We would stay up to 2 in the mourning on school nights playig FF3 and Chronotrigger.  My stepfather was cool that way, although he would beat the hell out of you if you lied to him.

------------------------------

"I believe that with this game you''''ll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

- Shigeru Miyamoto on Super Mario 128

Edited by - Luigison on 4/14/2003 5:55:30 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2003, 11:51:32 PM »
Pac-Man.
Galaga and Galaxian were spelled correctly.

I have something on the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game in a book I own. I can dig up some history and post it here if you wish.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2003, 04:23:52 PM »
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:59:52 AM by SSJoel3k »
-SSJoel3k

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2003, 04:26:14 PM »
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:59:28 AM by SSJoel3k »
-SSJoel3k

Print