Print

Author Topic: Mario and Luigi RPG!!!  (Read 2740 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 14, 2003, 08:51:17 AM »
Finally, Nintendo is answering our pleas, they are making a NEW Mario and Luigi RPG for Game Boy Advance! Go to http://www.nintendo.com/e32k3/ for more info.

An epic unfolds in a strange new land as Mario and Luigi team up for a hilarious, action-packed quest!
An evil witch has stolen Princess Peach's voice, replacing her fair speech with explosives! As chaos breaks out in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario and Luigi head for the castle and meet up with Bowser, who just arrived to kidnap the princess. When they find out what happened, these sworn enemies join forces and follow the witch to a neighboring kingdom. After an aerial ambush crashes their ship and sends Bowser to who-knows-where, Mario and Luigi embark on foot, learning new moves and combining their brotherly might to fight off enemies, as they venture toward the kingdom's castle.
Features include:

Explore the new world using a unique simultaneous-control setup that lets you control each brother separately or team up for super moves.

Enjoy the involved story, puzzle-solving challenges and the experience of a classic role-playing game combined with the jumping challenges of a platformer and an all-new, reflex-testing battle system

Interact with other classic Mario characters and enemies throughout the game.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 10:55:19 AM »
Interesting plotline...
Anyway, YAY!! Another Mario RPG!! And with Luigi!! Sweet!! ^_^

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 12:06:54 PM »
...I guess Luigi finally got tired of staying home. Heh.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 12:29:54 PM »
If you watch the game video, the graphics look remarkably similar to Paper Mario... Nintendo must have liked that graphical style and opted to keep it!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 12:30:43 PM »
I'll watch it when I'm at home.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 05:52:39 AM »
Well, for those of you who watched the game video, what did you think? Are you impressed by how "unique" the graphics look?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 10:04:53 PM »
The sprites for Mario and Luigi look almost identical to the ones in Mario & Wario.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 02:37:43 PM »
 Oh, I thank God Squaresoft had nothing to do with this.

I'm sorry, but the plot just seems sort of idiotic. I mean, I've never played Mario games for their "reality," but stealing someone's voice and replacing it with Explosives? What exactly is that? Aw well, at least it's on the GBA.

As for the graphics, no, I'm not impressed with them. They're just similar to this whole Cel shading era we're in. While they may not be considered cel shading directly, I'd definitely, if nothing else, say it's a derivative of it. Oh well, who knows. Maybe it will be good.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/16/2003 1:38:14 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 09:04:29 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree. The plot seems a bit ...idiotic. I mean, an evil witch? Where'd that come from?! Way too cliché.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 11:19:34 PM »
It seems like a really fun game, just gameplay-wise...
When walking around, you can control either Mario or Luigi, A making the first character jump and B the second.  Thus climbing stairs would go "A-B, A-B, A-B."  There are also specific things that the two can team up to do (a wierd helicopter move as well as a springboard-style jump.)

Battle's similar, with the A button assigned to Mario and B to Luigi.  The Bros. have solo moves with timing (requiring their specific buttons,) as well as team moves, the timing button depending on who's doing the action (tricky!)  When it's not either of the Bros.' turn, the button will make them jump.  Thus you not only have to press the button at the right time to dodge, but the right button as well.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 08:15:05 PM »
Yeah, the gameplay looks like it'll probably be pretty good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »
It didn't really look cell shaded; it looked paper.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2003, 11:15:35 PM »
I downloaded the movie last night. I think it looks like sprites and graphics tiles, which is exactly what it is. If anything, I think it looks like the graphics style from Tetris Attack, whatever style that may be.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 04:53:01 PM »
As for Mario & Luigi RPG, there's a new game the future relaese on gameboy advance. Is called Mario & Luigi! I just saw it on news for E3 like they never seen before by those games of future!

Shawne Vinson

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 05:01:30 PM »
That's the same game we're talking about.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print