Print

Author Topic: Brawlhalla  (Read 4477 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:27:51 AM »
Brawlhalla is this free-to-play platform fighting game (so, like Smash Bros., and unashamed about it) on Steam. It's currently in open beta.

I've tried to start this thread a few times but can't really come up with much to say about it that makes it sound as good as it is. It's a lot of fun and I like it. It's free, it can probably run fine on lower-end computers, give it a go, see if you like it.

My main is Azoth. I like Ember, Scarlet and Koji a lot as well.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:42:52 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 02:16:00 AM »
The video you linked does look a heck of a lot like SSBM.

But for reals, does it control like Smash?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:43:04 AM »
You can remap the controls. I immediately changed the jump buttons to Y and B and my light and heavy attacks to A and X on my 360 controller to match what feels natural to me playing Smash on a standard four-button layout.

Light and heavy attacks are like normals and specials in Smash. Since many characters share the same weapons, they have a lot of common light and aerial moves with them (but not all). Their grounded heavies are where the big differences lie. Every character has a unique combination of two weapons, from swords, lances, bows, guns etc. and they all have more or less the same moveset unarmed, so how each one is truly unique will come from their kill moves and how to set them up, as well as strategically throwing your weapon and picking up the other...

It makes more sense in practice than talking about it
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
The graphics look kinda like Skullgirls, which is an automatic plus IMO. Will try outand see what it's like.
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 05:42:22 AM »
oh my god i can't believe i didn't notice i pasted the wrong link in the first post what am i stupid
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 07:37:26 PM »
This game is a lot of fun! Everybody who can play it should!

It gets the seal of approval.

ORR ORR ORR ORR ORR
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print