Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695572 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5130 on: January 10, 2009, 09:20:20 PM »
It's Dragon Quest IX, not XI.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5131 on: January 10, 2009, 09:30:57 PM »
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (I think I'll call it KH179D for short), assuming I like the first two (or three, or however many you consider to be the main series. Yes I know this is a spin-off of sorts as well)

Chain of Memories is definitely a part of the main series.  You will have no idea how Sora got where he was at the beginning of KH2 if you haven't played it.  Being the KH fanboy that I am, I would definitely recommend that you buy the first three.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5132 on: January 10, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
ShadowBrain has the right to voice his opinion about the games he's thinking about buying and stuff. If you don't like his view of the games he listed,
don't read it. And, he did give us a fair warning: "***WARNING: SHADOWBRAIN BEING HIMSELF***"

I'm disappointed because Funamation has stopped producing english-dubbed episodes of One Piece, which I watch on YouTube. So now, I guess I'll have to buy DVDs to see what happens next. I really wish Toonami wasn't gone...
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5133 on: January 10, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »
Uh, you do realize that Funimation is the company that releases the DVDs here too, right? So... you won't be able to buy DVDs with English dubs?
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5134 on: January 10, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
That must be a lot of work to dub a long series like One Piece.  Doesn't it have something like 300 episodes?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #5135 on: January 11, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
Uh, you do realize that Funimation is the company that releases the DVDs here too, right?
No, I didn't realize that, thank you.
So... you won't be able to buy DVDs with English dubs?
I just didn't want to shell-out money to see the newer episodes in English, that's all. But if I have to, I will. The series ended with a cliff-hanger http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAGDkFkYSI&feature=channel_page and this is what BattleFlanky, the one that uploads OP episodes had to say

"..and that's that. Either back to the start with 4kids or.. Zoro v. Braham again (conflicting sources) starting tomorrow. My immediate feelings are that this is probably the end of the 'brand new' episodes on Australia Cartoon Network, I think FUNi have finished airing whatever they had (in this case the remainder of Skypeia) which wasn't picked up by the US CN. Continuing producing episodes solely for a relatively small market doesn't seem to make much sense at all, they've probably refocused their efforts almost entirely on the Voyage DVD series. I guess, we'll have to wait and see."

So, I didn't want to, but I guess I'll have to buy the OP DVDs now so that I can keep track of their quest for the treasure, One Piece.
Sorry about the confusion.

That must be a lot of work to dub a long series like One Piece.  Doesn't it have something like 300 episodes?

Yeah, it has 383 episodes so far. I think I'm stuck at episode 194 for now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:38:27 AM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5136 on: January 11, 2009, 01:15:46 AM »
No, I mean, if Funimation is producing the dubs and they stopped, they won't be releasing any more DVDs (the ones in English) either.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5137 on: January 11, 2009, 02:44:03 AM »
Probably...I'll have to read more about it later to see what's going on.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5138 on: January 11, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »
It's Dragon Quest IX, not XI.
Oops. That's what I thought, but I've never been good with Roman numerals.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5139 on: January 12, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
How would a Roman doctor ask for an Iv?

On angst: tomorrow, we have an appointment to get the ultrasound! I have mild angst because well, what if something is wrong? She hasn't had any major pain or anything, so I know everything will be fine..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5140 on: January 13, 2009, 08:19:53 PM »
According to future you, they're fine!

And the award for idiot of the last four months goes to...

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/media/pics/rebelbytes/1-13.png

I used to think this comic was funny, but the last few have just been... I don't know.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5141 on: January 13, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »
I've decided 4cr is too indy for me to be able to enjoy it. I liked it better back when I thought the 21 was real.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5142 on: January 13, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
Well, Baca's name does rhyme with "baka".
That was a joke.

« Reply #5143 on: January 15, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
I have noticed the lack of videos (or much of anything else, really) related to Toad. There are a couple of Youtube *Videos that are ok, but not much else.

Why does everybody hate Toad?

*I believe they are called Youtube Poop, but I refuse to call them that becuase that's a stupid name.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5144 on: January 15, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
I've got....mixed feelings about the new L4D update. It's more good than bad by far, but Valve seems to be, in a couple cases, confusing legit tactics with exploits or bugs. For example, you can't melee a survivor being dragged by a smoker to save them anymore; you have to hunt down the smoker or break the tongue. And the new Tank fixes seem a bit...off. Instead of highlighting bashable cars to prevent you from swinging your meaty fists at static props, why not make all same-sized cars bashable?
every

Print