Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 116931 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 08:58:51 PM »
1. You forgot their A button moves, throws, and airial attacks.
2. I see a Mario bias.

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »
1. You forgot their A button moves, throws, and airial attacks.
2. I see a Mario bias.
I didn't intend for there to be a Mario bias...I have never played an Ice Climber game.  And making another F-Zero character besides Captain Falcon would make his special moves seem stale.  And...don't we have enough Pokemon characters?  I've also never played Earthbound, so I wouldn't have a clue beyond Ness.

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »
My personal Picks for new characters would be:
Waluigi- He'll be included just because Wario got in on the action.
Daisy- Probably a clone of Peach, a minor secret char. like luigi.
Olimar- B-move similar to peachs turnip move, but adds pikmin to a group following him, his moves would use up these following pikmin.
Geno- My favorite from SMRPG.  Nintendo and Square are on good terms as Nintendo signed a deal that allows Square to produce GB games.  The two recent FF games for the nintendo systems are a result.  I suppose another deal could be struck.

I could also see some characters becoming "costumes" of other characters.
Link: Young Link, Cel-da Link.
Peach: Daisy
Mario: Dr. Mario
Yoshi: Birdo (maybe)
This would allow similar characters to make it into the game without the fuss of their own character slots.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 05:12:16 AM by MechanicalMonarch »
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2006, 12:05:04 AM »
And...don't we have enough Pokemon characters?
True, true... but why have more than one incarnation of Mario when...
Mario: Dr. Mario
This idea is ingenious. Why make character clones when you could just have different costumes have moves identical in damage, range, quickness, and all that but different in display? Pichu could stay if he were just a different costume of Pikachu with the same moves and power. But just wasting space on the player select screen for clones? Ick. The tail spin could fit in place of Mario's cape.
Skull Kid: A definite yes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2006, 06:46:30 AM »
Alright... Post One!

I'd like to see Jeff, Paula, Poo, Captain Strong (SUMTFMA!!!!*), Mr. T and a Starman (Premiering in MOTHER) from MOTHER 2/ EarthBound.

Lucas w/ Boney(A boy and his dog), Duster (A thief with a bad leg who fights by kicking), Kumatora(Psychokinetic Princess), Flint (Think Chuck Norris armed with a 2x4), Salsa (A monkey. Cutest thing EVER.) and The Masked Cyborg (MYSTEEEERIOUS!) from MOTHER 3.

For stages, Magicant, Zombie-style Threed, Burglin Park, Stonehenge Base, Winters, and Saturn Valley would be nice representatives for MOTHER 2. For MOTHER 3, however, there can only be (SPOILER!!!) City.

If all this is there, then OH. MY. PORK. PUUURE LOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!

* Super Ultra Mambo Tango Foxtrot Martial Arts!!!!

http://starmen.net/
^Look at this!

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »
Mine
Marionette from gb gallery
animal crossing boy 2
tom nook
secret stage eternal star from mario party(with music)
mach rider
waligi
all 3 other chars. from doki doki panic
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2006, 02:38:34 PM »
Afetr much thought, I decided that only characters I'd really expect to see are:

1-Ridley
2-Wolf
3-Samurai Goroh
4-Balloon Fighter
5-Mach Rider

Why, you ask? I'll tell you why.

1. 2. 3. These guys appeared in the intro to Melee. I had a friend who thought Ridley was playable.

4.5. Their theme songs were in Melee. Balloon Fighter was also a candidate for the character to represent the Famicom, second to the Ice Climbers, who won.

Added to the original 26 (I was wrong before, Shiek counts as a separate character) along with the 5 confirmed characters, we get 31. Add to that the characters I listed above and the total comes to 36. I expect to see 38-40 characters in the final game depending on whether or not more 3rd party characters are added.

For the other four characters, I'd like to see Toad, Diddy and Dixie as a team, and if 3rd parties are considered Sonic and Bonk. If the thing about removing characters is true (as sad as I am about it) I beleive the most likely to get removed are Doc(Too many Mario characters) Pichu(We need a Ruby/Sapphire representative)and Roy(he was only added to advertise for Fire Emblem 6).
I think Falco and Ganondorf should be kept because they were planned to be in the game from the start, but were made into clones to save time and Young Link can be changed to look like his Wind Waker self. That leaves 35(or 37 if you count the 3rd party ones) characters. The last 3 could be Lip, King DeDeDe and Wynaut/Plusle and Minun/Muchlax.It should also be noted that originally Jigglypuff was to be taken out, but remained due to an outcry of Japanese Pokefans and Marth was supposed to be Sigurd, but Sakurai was told to add Roy(for the reason previously stated in this post) and Marth to represent the beggining of the FE series.It should also be noted that Sakurai considered changing Ness to a character from Mother 3, but the game had been canceled at the time.

My Final List

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Wario

DK
Donkey Kong
Diddy+Dixie

Zelda
Link
Zelda
Sheik(she counts)
Ganondorf
Young Link(Cel-da)

Metroid
Samus
ZS Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King DeDeDe

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Wynaut(or Plusle+Minun or Muchlax)

F-zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Other
Ness (maybe changed to Lucas)
Marth (likely changed to Sigurd)
Ice Cilmber
Mr. Game+Watch
Pit
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider
Lip
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bonk

Mario-7
DK-2
Zelda-5
Metroid-3
Kirby-3
Star Fox-3
Pokemon-4
F-zero-2
Other-9(or 11 if you count Sonic and Bonk)
Total- 38(or 40 if you count Sonic and Bonk)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:12:16 PM by The Chef »

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »
there should to be stages as is a character.letein aschwim die vtereden ondoas!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:53:32 PM by Fairemaster »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »
Next time edit your post.

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2006, 07:46:11 PM »
I believe that Mewtwo should be excluded as a character and instead be one of the pokemon that come out of the pokeball. That's the only way they can fairly portray Mewtwo as the "world's strongest pokemon".

As for who I'd like to be a character, I nominate the following:

Koopa Kid
A weaker but faster version of Bowser.

Paper Mario
He can twirl, he can bash, he can stomp, and most importantly, he can fold. It makes even more sense because it's a Wii game. One of his special moves can be Art Attack, during which you use a crystal star to draw circles around your opponents in order to deal damage.

I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been named.

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2006, 09:46:35 PM »
It's been stated you play SSBB with the gamecube controller.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »
I think the only other Mario character worthy of SSB-dom is Toad. He's been around since the beginning and has been in almost every major Mario game to date. Moves would't be problem because we have SMB2 and Wario's Woods for reference.

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2006, 07:55:20 PM »
Oh well. It was worth at least a suggestion. Let me try again.

Bomberman
He is followed by an animal. When you push a combination of buttons, you get on the animal and thus have another set of moves (with the option of getting off the animal, of course).

and maybe they can get that Perfect Dark chick person...maybe?

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »
you mean Joana Dark? What about The Ducks From duckhunt? or maybe even Elvin Gadd from luigi's Mansion Where his moves include The poltergiest 300 or the flashlight.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
Oh well. It was worth at least a suggestion. Let me try again.

Bomberman
He is followed by an animal. When you push a combination of buttons, you get on the animal and thus have another set of moves (with the option of getting off the animal, of course).

and maybe they can get that Perfect Dark chick person...maybe?

If you want a good moveset for B-man, take a look at the link I posted on the previous page. As for Miss Dark, she can't be in the game because Rare is stuck with Microsoft. Yes, I know Snake has been confirmed but I already stated that he's only there due to Kojima asking a favor.

Print