Poll

Should I sell my SP for a DS?

Go for it.
Don't.
Print

Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 9043 times)

« on: June 15, 2006, 09:23:19 AM »
I have been looking online at the DS Lites, and I think they look pretty darn cool. However, I am stuck between the descision of getting rid of my SP and grabbing a Lite. What do you guys think I should do?
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:54:48 AM »
Yes. Along with having the access to all DS games (and GBA games), you would get the benefit of the brighter screen, smaller size, and lower weight. Though you may not be able to get much money for a GBA SP these days...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »
why don't you just buy a ds and keep your SP?!?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:44:25 AM »
Once I bought a DS, I seriously had no use for a Gameboy Advance, other than to give it to my younger sister.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »
I agree. Get a DS, because since it has backlit screens and capable of playing GBA games, you will have virtually no use for your SP. The only problem is if you wish to play games that are older than GBA (Game Boy, Gameboy Color), because those won't work on the DS.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:03:01 PM »
The SP can link with other GBAs, the e-Reader, the GCN, and play GB/GBC games.  While the DS is great and I suggest getting a Lite, I wouldn't get rid of the SP.  Just think of all the great games you won't fully enjoy again:  SMA4 (SMB3) GBA e-Reader cards, Four Swords Adventure GCN, and Links Awakening DX GBC.  In the end the choice is yours. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
Well, If you like to play gba games you are out of luck with the lite, since the gba games stick out of the bottom
(see bottom picture).
However, you should certainly get a DS. I have no doubt that a DS is like a silver (blue, red, whatever) gift from the hand of the video game god himself. No kidding.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:41:39 PM by solidmushroom »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
Unless you have a GB/GBC game you're REALLY going to miss or play multiplayer GBA games often, get the DS and forget about the SP.
Edit: So what if GBA games stick out of the Lite? You can still play them. GB/GBC games stuck out of the GBA/SP much further and I never complained.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:49:09 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 10:58:13 PM »
Argh, where's the "I don't care, do what you think is right" option?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 12:17:06 AM »
Some people here are just ignorant, If you were all smart like me, you shoulda waited. I'll tell you why. If you've noticed throught the years that the nintendo handhelds have made new versions of them. (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM). Examples: Game Boy later made game boy color, gameboy advance amde gamboy advance SP then made when that was brighter. So when they realeased the DS I wanted to buy one, but i knew Nintendo would realese a better version than the original. So i waited, then after a year or so the DS lite came out, so now i'm ready to buy one with a copy of  NSMB! That is my story and I think it's a fact, who agrees?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 12:44:20 AM »
But... by your logic, I should NEVER buy a Nintendo handheld until the next kind is release? If you could see into the future and wanted to buy the very last incarnation of the GBA, you'd wait until AFTER the DS's release and get a GBM. How is that smart, then you're getting a GBA right when GBA games are starting to come off of shelves. Even if you just got a GBA halfway through its "lifespan," you'd be late and miss the first releases. I say get the current Nintendo handheld the Christmas following its release.
Anyway, that's not even what the question's about!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 02:53:50 AM »
Unless you never plan to play GBA multiplayer ever again, or GCN-GBA link games, keep the SP. But still get a DS ASAP.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 06:19:57 AM »
Definitely get a DS (Lite) over an SP. I chose to get an SP when DS was new, and boy I was stupid. Or you could just save up your money/sell your SP to buy the Wii. The choice is yours, my friend. Choose wisely.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 11:12:30 AM »
Well, Bird person, didn't you ever hear about Ebay? Amazon.com?Get all the stuff you want there,even when it's "off the shelves". I'll stop,i don't want to start a flame war.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 12:38:37 PM »
Ah, true.
Anyway, if you never get a DS your life won't be complete. That's a fact, folks. Look it up.
It's YOUR problem!

Print