Print

Author Topic: New Mario and Yoshi games unveiled at E3 2017  (Read 8282 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:11:27 PM »
Three new games starring Mario and friends were officially announced during this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, California.

Yesterday, Ubisoft and Nintendo showed off Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, a turn-based strategy adventure that will bring the zany Rabbids to the Mushroom Kingdom to team up with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi. Kingdom Battle will release exclusively on the Nintendo Switch on August 29.

A Yoshi platforming game for Nintendo Switch, tentatively called "Yoshi for Nintendo Switch," is currently planned for release next year. The developer of Yoshi's latest adventure is Good-Feel, the team behind two other recent Yoshi games: Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (3DS).

A remake of the first "Mario & Luigi" game is coming to Nintendo 3DS this October. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions will feature "Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser," an all-new mode that reveals what happens behind the scenes while the Bros. are saving the Beanbean Kingdom.

Links:
Ubisoft E3 2017 Conference (ubisoft.com)
Nintendo News from E3 2017 (e3.nintendo.com)

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »
Bowser's... Minions, you say?

This can only end poorly.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
It might be good. It's attached to the best M&L title, so it's worth a shot.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
The best thing about this is getting a higher bitrate version of the soundtrack, rather than heavily compressed GBA music.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 10:03:03 PM »
Still can't bring myself to watch footage of the Rabbids thing, but Yoshi looks fun -- and of course, M&L is one of my all-time favorite (Mario) games, so I have high hopes for the remaster!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 02:50:21 AM »
Uh, you really should. It's straight-up Mario XCOM... which is awesome.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 02:50:29 AM »
I agree..
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 07:13:07 AM »
Alright, yeah, I did give it a look, and the gameplay is admittedly compelling. Just... wish they could've picked some other franchise to cross over with. But, good to have some variety in the Mario series again all the same.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 01:40:43 PM »
Dude, Grant Kirkhope is doing the music for Kingdom Battle.

I think this game sets some kind of all-time record for pre-release swing difference from "this seems horrible" to "this seems incredible".

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
Dude, Grant Kirkhope is doing the music for Kingdom Battle.

I think this game sets some kind of all-time record for pre-release swing difference from "this seems horrible" to "this seems incredible".

That is so true!
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

Print