Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369212 times)

« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2010, 11:28:45 PM »
Yes, surely Pokémon is not yet ready to take that big step and change up the starter types. They've only been making miniscule variations of the exact same (bad) game for fifteen years straight.

« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »
Lizard Dude, why are you wasting your time commenting in a thread dedicated to a game you hate?

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2010, 11:58:05 PM »
I'm a lifetime competitor of the Special Olympics.

« Reply #423 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:49 AM »
-________-

Ah, why do I even bother...

« Reply #424 on: May 09, 2010, 12:04:41 AM »
I'm a lifetime competitor of the Special Olympics.

Saved.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »
Yes, surely Pokémon is not yet ready to take that big step and change up the starter types. They've only been making miniscule variations of the exact same (bad) game for fifteen years straight.

Nintendo will keep milking the same formula to making Pokemon games for as long as they can. It keeps selling, so why change it? Even though changing up the starter Pokemon's types doesn't seem that big of an issue, it messes with tradition. I honestly don't think they'll try the idea for a long time, if ever. Of course I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do happen to do it. Eh, doesn't matter much to me.

People who never seemed to find the joy in pitting fuzzy video game creatures against each other in merciless acts of violence puzzle me.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
I find joy in it, just not in paying $35 to do it slightly differently every four years or so.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »
Oh, believe me, I'd love it if they changed it up so that I could actually find pleasure in playing through the game. But as long as they keep creating new Pokemon, I'll be buying the games.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2010, 05:34:17 AM »
And here are the starters.

I like the grass one, and surprisingly kinda like the firepig.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #429 on: May 12, 2010, 06:42:54 AM »
Well pigs are awesome, so in the unlikely event of my getting any of the Fifth-Gen games, that one will be my starter.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
I like the fire one definitely. Pigs are one of my favorite animals. The water one looks...uncreative.

The grass one looks cool I suppose.

« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
I like the grass and fire ones.  I don't really like the water one.  I also noticed that we haven't had any grass starters that isn't reptilian.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
Let's see.  If I had to choose between a flaming pig, a Bibarel recolor, and another grass lizard, my first pick would be the grass lizard.  I haven't really been fond of the fire starters since Cyndaquil.  Here's the pattern I seem to have with starters.
Kanto: Fire (grass and water tied as my second choice)
Johto: Fire (grass would be my second choice, but I really don't want to see my beloved Cyndaquil in the hands of Giovanni Jr.)
Hoenn: Water (Grass was my second choice)
Sinnoh: Water (I don't care for monkeys, but fire would probably be my second choice)
Gen 5: Grass

Some day, I'd like to see a cat-like starter.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a cat-like 'mon that's actually useful in combat.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
Squirtle > Charmander > Bulbasaur
Totodile > Cyndaquil > Chikorita
Mudkip > Treeko > Torchic
Piplup > Turtwig > Chimchar

This is the first time the water starter is completely undesirable. We're talking Chikorita levels of undesire.

I've never picked the grass starter first, but unless that Water thing gets one hell of a sweet evolution, I'm going with Mr. Grass thing.

Print