Print

Author Topic: Farmville  (Read 5423 times)

« on: October 19, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
I don't need help with the game, but rather I'm looking for an image someone posted here on TMK about Farmville. I'm think it was Shadowbrian, and the image might've been in one of the You _____, You Lose topics.

The image in question is a screen of Farmville, and the farm has sprites from the first three SMB games all over it. SB (or whoever posted it) said "Not my farm, but.."
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
I never saw the image you're talking about, but would like to.  I recently started playing Farmville.  Anyone need neighbors or want to exchange gifts? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »
I refuse to ever play the game because I'm sick of seeing 1,000,000 lost cows or sheep and everyone's 1,000,000 reward ribbons all over my news feed. It's annoying to see all this stuff showing up when in reality nobody cares what kind of score you got on an online game. Besides, I don't need the virtual reality farm because I grow vegetables already and can get real beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, etc whenever I want them during growing season.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »
My mother played Farmville for a while, before losing interest due to the prohibitive cost of buying new stuff. It's disheartening when it takes you over a month to get some 10,000 coins, then you find out you can buy 25,000 coins for $5.00 real money or something. So to get the good stuff, either get a bunch of neighbors or pop out the credit card. And even then, I think the only "good" stuff is either expanding your farmland or fancy decorations.
But yeah, you're getting advanced stuff all the time in the form of gifts, it seems your crops can be fertilized merely by having a neighbor mosey over to your farm, the neighbor requests for help are nothing more than preassigned tasks rather than a legitimate e-mail from the person... ugh. But I am curious to know what product you get from a turkey. I think it's either a turkey egg or coins from thin air. You can't butcher the turkey and eat it because, you know, family-friendly game, even though it was obviously timed to be a Thanksgiving-related item.

I always thought of it as the poor man's Harvest Moon.

And it's overloaded with graphics and doesn't always work correctly. It is in beta, after all. So is Fishville. Fishville's more pointless to me since you grow your fish and then sell them off for money (fish don't get no respect), but at least if you don't feed your fish they do die off - and sit there floating upside-down until you deal with them. Yay for realism.

... um, I'm not sure if I found the image you're looking for, but just do a Google image search for farmville + mario and you'll get a bunch of Mario-related sprites.
Geez, I keep forgetting that in every new game you come across, if there's colored blocks or objects in it somewhere, then it's a custom to create a Mario sprite.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:59:46 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Print