Print

Author Topic: Game Boy Micro  (Read 6175 times)

« on: January 08, 2006, 05:29:29 PM »
In TMK, I see no information on the GBM.
Is there one, because I can't see it.
Most Wishy-Washy

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:48:27 PM »
Technically, the Game Boy Micro isn't a Mario game.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 11:58:54 PM »
Eh, put simply it's the GBA half of a DS--no GBC games, no multiplayer (unless you get a new kind of link cable), so it's not really worth the staff's time to do that anyway.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »
Its really interesting though.
The lighting capabilities are far more superior to the SP, and with its Micro size and sweet look,
its like a Game Boy Ipod.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
Yes, but this is a Mario site, not a Nintendo site. The only thing you'll probably ever see on the site is coverage of the Famicom-skinned GBM, which has Mario-related packaging.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »
Yeah, just like in the other topic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 06:27:53 PM »
The Fungi Forums are part of TMK, so the information is there! Only... it's here.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »
True, this IS a Mario site, but if it contains the Game Boy, which had non-Mario games, then the Micro should be included.
Famicom/NES has Mario games, but the Micro isn't included.
Dissapointed by the lack of information from most Mario-Sites, i quickly turned to Gamespy and IGN for their coverage.
The Game Boy Micro looks sleek, looks nice, and is as stylish as an IPod.
Micro looks to be meant for the 'Older' gamers who like to look cool while playing, and playing a PSP in public is much cooler then playing a DS since the PSP looks more sleek and modern. The Micro is Nintendo's answer to the PSP in terms of style. It looks cool, it plays cool, it is cool.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 06:36:31 PM »
If I walked onto a bus and saw a person playing DS, a person playing PSP, and a person playing GBM, I'd think the DS player was the coolest. But that's just me.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 06:44:26 PM »
The way dude677 said it, being cool's not fun.

Like I said, the Micro's good for the guy who likes, but not loves, video games in general and wants a tiny way to play Mario 3 because it reminds them of the first time they played a video game. I guess...
But I'm the person who doesn't care what the system looks like if it's fun. I like-a my DS!!! ^_^ Whatever makes you happy...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »
I need to bring my DS to other places more often.

Funny, I thought there'd be more people who own PSP's at school. I've seen more DS's, though. I believe I saw one guy with a micro, but I'm not sure.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
I have the Micro, and the only pros are the compact size, changable faceplates and ajustable light settings. It's way too small, I don't use it often.

Random fact (okay, not so random.): The NES Gameboy Advance SP and Famicom Gameboy Micro were made in honor of Mario's 20th year of being cool. Another fact: On the Famicom Micro box, you can see a tiny plaque that says Mario 20th with a picture of the 8-bit Mario (from Super Mario Bros.).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 07:42:10 PM »
I thought being cool was about being yourself and free expression and stuff.

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
No that's all lies told to you by campy cartoon shows.

Everyone knows that to be cool, you have to buy drinks from Starbucks, shop at Hot Topic, Listen to Pop, own an iPod, PSP and a Game Boy Micro.

BTW, at my school, I've seen more people with a PSP than DS's. Though they're mostly just getting videos from the computers. I've yet to see anyone actually play the darn thing.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 11:42:23 PM »
The Game Boy Micro is covered in the "Game Boy Advance" section of the site. There are no Game Boy Micro-exclusive games. However, there are Game Boy Advance-exclusive games. Because the GBM is simply a GBA without the Motorola 6502, which makes it incapable of playing classic Game Boy games.
That was a joke.

Print