Poll

Mario Party 9

Yes
19 (57.6%)
No
14 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: Is it time for Mario Party 9?  (Read 27067 times)

« on: January 15, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
The Wii's been out for over three years and yet it still only has a single Mario Party game. With its motion controller and casual audience, it's arguably the best system for Mario Parties to be held on, but there still isn't even an announcement of another release.

I, for one, could go for some more partying. How about you?

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
Not unless they go with my suggestion to include all minigames in previous titles (including remakes since, you know, some of us prefer Mario Bandstand or Bumper Balls from the original). Maybe include previous game boards too. And maybe allow minigames from only certain games. Basically, a Mario Party lives and dies by its minigames and I want it to return to the good 'ol days, but without any of the rotate-the-Control-Stick-until-your-thumb-bleeds games from the original.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
"No" is all I can say.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »
NSMBW is to Mario Party as Pixar is to Disney. It's the new awesome replacement for the old one after the old one started sucking that gets back to the roots of why the old one used to be good back when it was.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
Seeing how far the MP series has fallen from its former place of greatness, wanting Mario Party 9 would be like asking for Troll 3.

So, no.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:48:54 PM »
I have only played Old New Super Mario Bros, and my latest Mario Party is 3, but it's my understanding that NSMBW and Mario Party are entirely different games.

I like Mario Party. Please, sir, may I have another?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »
Seeing how far the MP series has fallen from its former place of greatness
When I saw "MP," I thought at first you were referring to Metroid Prime, for which the statement might also hold some water.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 09:54:23 PM »
Well, when I saw "MP," I thought at first you were referring to Monkey Planet, for which the statement most certainly holds water.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:01:26 PM »
Motion control = evil.  I personally think 5 was the best of the series, and it's a downward slope either direction from there.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
Metroid Prime never fell from greatness and I don't think Mario Party did either; you just got sick of it. Some of the boards in 8, particularly the real estate investment town, were quite clever.

And it brought us this game:

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 12:38:18 AM »
Motion control = evil.  I personally think 5 was the best of the series, and it's a downward slope either direction from there.

MP6 was good, and had good use of the Mic. MP7 would've been ok had it not been for Toadsworth making the slightest little noise at every menu selection. It almost sounded like you were poking the poor man with a stick (Hoo! Hew-Hoo! *gasp!* *ahem*)

I agree that MP5 was the top of the series though. MP9 should be a "Best of.." collection, with past boards, minigames, playable characters, and features all updated to fit Wii. Or MP10, perhaps.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 10:45:11 AM »
Whoa. Am I the only one that disliked MP5? Frankly, MP6 was my favorite of the Cube ones.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »
MP1 and 4 were the best.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »
I take it back.  The series peaked at 5, but 6 was just as good, and 7 was all right.  However, 8 was just horrible, and for a number of reasons: motion control, no multiplayer decathlon, far too many pointless extras, being forced to do the same thing twice to unlock all of the characters, etc., etc.  Heck, all of the Wii installments to Mario series seem to be lacking in multiplayer in the best modes (GP in Mario Kart, for one).
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »
Mario Party has run its course.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print