Print

Author Topic: Next-Gen stinks  (Read 17875 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 01:44:16 PM »
> it's basically a GameCube

This is not true.  It will be more powerful than GameCube.

> a special bulky DVD attachment that sticks out and costs a lot of money.

This is not true, either.  The attachment is supposed to be internal.

> that controller...it can't possibly be usable

Have you even watched the promotional video or read the impressions of people who have actually played it?  Both would point to this statement being untrue as well.

> these views are very opinionated

That's fine... but there's a difference between opinion and just being plain wrong.

Edited by - MegaByte on 10/14/2005 12:45:02 PM

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 01:47:24 PM »
I bet Glorb's just mad because his Bowser the ladies man and his I apologize threads have been closed.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 01:48:46 PM »
How can you say something before trying it?

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 10/14/2005 1:08:19 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 01:54:23 PM »
I really didn't need to post this.

Next time don't.  Your prolific unecessary posting is cause for removal from this forum.  Stop it.

Edited by - LuigisOn on 10/14/2005 1:11:40 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 02:07:29 PM »
Sorry, I'm just happy that I didn't need to edit my post.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 04:00:43 PM »
Sorry, I'm just happy that I didn't need to edit my post.

That's what the post before mine says.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 04:17:40 PM »
XD

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 04:24:07 PM »
MegaByte, I already mentioned that DVD problem,  I just wanted to say that so you know.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 04:31:44 PM »
Glorb: "it's basically a GameCube"

MegaByte: "This is not true.  It will be more powerful than GameCube."

• The GameCube has a single-threaded PowerPC processor running at 485 MHZ. The Revolution's dual-threaded processor running at 2.5 GHZ should be at least 10 times faster.
  • The GameCube has 24 MB of RAM. The Revolution will have about 20 times more RAM with 512 MB.
  • The video card in the GameCube has 16 MB of video RAM, while the Revolution has 256 MB, or 16 times more.
  • The graphics card in the GameCube runs at 162 MHZ. In the Revolution it runs at 600 MHZ, about four times faster.
  • The GameCube is able to paint about 20 million polygons per second. The Revolution will be able to create over 100 million per second and they will be realistically shaded.
  • Unlike the GameCube, the Revolution will be able to play DVDs.
  • The Revolution will also using completely redesigned wireless game controller.

Source:  http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nintendo-revolution.htm/printable

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 06:38:29 PM »
> MegaByte, I already mentioned that DVD problem, I just wanted to say that so you know.

You said it was built-in.  It's not.  There is a piece that you must buy, though it will be an internal attachment.  That's not the same thing as built-in.  And in any case, what was the point of posting that response?  I can read the whole thread very well, thank you.

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 09:22:15 PM »
I'm going to walk on the fence and say that all three systems will rock in one way or another (except for maybe the $$$).  A good quote I heard about Rev, "When you turn it on and see the graphics and hear the sound you will say 'Wow!'"  I'll believe that person and bet the Rev(enge) will be that good.  I hope that it doesn't lack any important features though.  Sorry that I'm too lazy to use exact quotes and names.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/14/2005 8:22:56 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 09:52:45 PM »
Oh, sorry. I just heard that on another topic, so it could have been wrong still.

Other Guy: Well thats because someone''s cat was strangled on the phone line.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »
I can't freakin wait to get a Revolution. Too bad my mom said she wouldn't get me any new Nintendo consoles for Christmas... Crap. I need money. I have $20.49. I must not buy any crap until I jhave enough for the Revolution. Now how do 13-year-olds make money...

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 11:01:03 PM »
Um, paper boy?

Lizards in zoos are really dudes - dudes using disguises everyday.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 11:06:43 PM »
I live in the freakin middle of nowhere.

Me: Hooray, it''s raining money and double apostrophes!!!
Mom: Wake up or you''ll miss the bus.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print