Print

Author Topic: Cliques: Which are you In?  (Read 7988 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 06:27:57 PM »
Actually, what I do isn't really classifiable.  Sometimes I just stand near a group of people as though I were with them. 

See, that's why we get along so well, Markio.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 06:50:05 PM »
Hm. Well first long time no post :) Second I would say I'm inbetween. Regardless of my opposition of school cliques and stereotypes, they are there and most of them are right.

I shop at American Eagle Outfitters and wear nice GBX boots when I can. But I listen to Hard Rock, Emo (some), Punk, and grunge. In my senior class favorites I went up for: Teacher's Pet (barf), Best Hair, Best Butt (it got taken down b/c it offended some of the teachers), Most Musical, Best Smile, Best Eyes, and Most Likely to succeed. Personally I don't care if I get voted as any of them, I just didn't know that I was so popular among people. I hang out with the nerdy/artistic type ::coughs:: screech ::coughs:: and enjoy it, and I hang out with the drama group, and I hang out with the preps, and the goths, so pretty much I hang out with everyone when I can. I've taken part in three sports at my current High School and lettered in Tennis. So, I'm not sure what to define me as except Aron. (my name).

Yes indeed, stereotyping is a sad thing, however we can't get around it. (oh, i used to have this really long straight blonde hair so I was often stereotyped as a stoner/pothead and was called hippie on several occasions. not that i cared)

Peace and GO COWBOYS! :D

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
This post was way too long. If I were to go along with your strange classification system, I'd say geek/nerd/hippie-peace person/intellectual type.
Yeah.
TBT's goth-ish people sound cool.
But I don't really go along with this classification system, and think classifying people is shallow and a waste of time and way too many people are obsessed with being in groups.
It looks like he worked hard on that post, and it's not "too long" in the least. I actually found it quite interesting, and the information is probably fairly accurate. Of course, I don't know first-hand, since I'm homeschooled and I have no experience with cliques like that.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 08:53:12 PM »
I'm just weird. Leave it at that.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 08:53:54 PM »
Go Steelers!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 08:53:52 PM »
Aww, Suffix. :)

Yeah, I wonder where Chupperson went to school.  He obviously fits into every clique that existed at his school. ;)
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 10:46:15 PM »
smfan's homeschooled???

That explains a lot.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 01:00:30 AM »
I have a few friends that are homeschooled and I told them not to believe everything they saw in the movies about high school life, b/c most of it was BS. And to that they said "You just ruined my vision of how high school is". Such a pity that there actually are people out there who believe those movies, cause most everyone are friends with everyone. . .there are the occasions when people just don't . .. click for lack of better words.

High School life, in fact, couldn't be more dull for me if I had to watch old black and white movies with no sound. As a matter of fact, it would add some spice.

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 01:17:48 AM »
I'd actually love it if my high school was more like Neptune High. Having the rich people screwing with everyone, our very own biker gang, a hot detective girl frisking you...
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 04:20:54 PM »
Markio: I thought Chupperson once said he was homeschooled, too.

smfan's homeschooled???

That explains a lot.
If that's meant the way it sounds, watch it.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2005, 04:39:42 PM »
I know he's homeschooled.

I think Mr. Wiggles meant that it explains why you said you were homeschooled.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 05:12:41 PM »
I was homeschooled. Now in college, I only hang out with a few people.  I'm in the "me and the girl who says we're going to rule the world" clique.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 08:46:50 PM »
Cliques don't, and never have, existed in my town.  For example, in High School I worked hard, I got good grades, and at the same time I played all kinds of different sports, I joined the band, I joined drama, and I always got along with people.  I have a lot of friends, and we always hang out, do fun stuff, and I could say I'm popular because when I was in school I talked to just about everybody, except some of the younger ones who I classified as dumb.  I've never done drugs or anything like that to fit in, in fact doing drugs makes you more of a loser.  I drink occasionally at parties to celebrate events with my friends, and we usually have a time and a half.  I have lots of memories from my high school career.  I'm still living here, and now I'm a teacher's assistant in a Grade 1 class where the kids all love and respect me, and I get along really well with the staff and parents alike.

So I:
Have a lot of friends
Play sports
Work hard and get good marks
Played music in band
Was in drama
Teach kids

So I guess I'm not classified as any cliques, and I know they exist in other towns and it's kind of sad because I see movies about them and it shows how people can be dinks for no reason.  I'm so glad I live in a small town where we get along, and no one is made fun of for what they like.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 08:54:57 PM »
If that's meant the way it sounds, watch it.

*Does an Eddie smirk*.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 09:56:28 AM »
It looks like he worked hard on that post

I did. Thank you.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print