Print

Author Topic: Life after Miyamoto?  (Read 7394 times)

« on: May 30, 2000, 04:55:38 PM »
I read some where that Miyamoto will slowly be retiring, for his example "90% control in a game, to 8-%, to 70%, and so on". What will become of our favorite plumber after the fall of the Big M. What do you think?
What I'm truly afraid of is some "lesser person" taking charge of Mario and making crap tastic (not so) mario games. I personaly think Mario should die with Miyamoto, just like how Charile Brown went away with Sparky. Your opinon please...
But, more importantly, what will become of Nintendo? I mean, rush back and take a look at your N64 collection. How many Miyamoto games do you see in there (or semi Miyamoto) not including DK64?  The fall of Miyamoto just may be the fall of Nintendo, I do dunly belive. But...
I've been rambling on long enough and you're all probably annoyed at me, but this is a critical part of Mario's future.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2000, 05:29:06 PM »
*begins to fret*

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2000, 05:35:59 PM »
I'm not sure what will happen, but I sure hope it's a genius who has been following in Miyamoto's foot steps.

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2000, 06:01:40 PM »
Heh, I'd Like to here Deezer's response to this...

Kweeh! Kweeh!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2000, 06:33:31 PM »
I think our big indictor will be Zelda: Majora's Mask. Shigeru just gave a basic plot line. If Majora's Mask goes well, there will be hope...

-Yoshi348
"All I want is some pants! A decent pair of pants!"

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 07:29:11 PM »
The guy has been working harder than a dog for the past 20 years. He's given his magic, hopefully he will be remembered in the same style as Disney (No, not his mad side or his psychotic past), I mean respect as giving his name to quality work, leaving a benchmark for generations to test.

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. We're in space.
I don''''t think you understand the gravity of the situation. We''''re in space. FOY!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2000, 09:47:35 AM »
I hope that Mr. Miyamoto doesn't retire! He's brought so much to the lives of all of us! From Super Mario Bros. to Zelda 64, he is one of the most talented and interesting guys in the video game business! If he does retire... I hope they don't replace him with some dumb guy who doesn't know a thing about Mario! I'd gladly take the job in his place cause I LOVE Mario! I'm one of the biggest Mario freaks out there!

Peace!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2000, 12:26:13 PM »
Whoa.. I've never thought about this one.  It would seem to be best for the series to climax when Miyamoto-san retires, but it's highly unlikely that the big N would just abandon it's advertising powerhouse.  Plus, we've all seen what can happen when the original mastermind steps away from his creation.  I agree with Yoshi348, Majora's Mask will be the indicator of things to come in the next round.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2000, 06:06:34 PM »
Miyamoto does deserve a break, I agree but...Well, Video Games just won't be the same without him, ya know?

Kweeh! Kweeh!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2000, 12:25:29 PM »
I think the new Zelda game will be one of Miyamoto's last and best works for the N64! Although Paper Mario will be coming soon before, I don't think it will be his best... If he stays to make Mario 64 2, well, let's hope it turns out to be better than the first Mario 64 game...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2000, 01:10:38 PM »
I really hope its just an idiotic rumor...

ILJC
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2000, 01:51:32 PM »
In my opinion i think Miyamoto has already retired ,

He used to make good games that stuck with the story line. Now he has his characters dancing around an overzised game board.

I mean what happened to him , he made classics and turned them upside down.

So i think the classics will resembel him after he retires but his wierd games, no . .

Ciao

Want mario secrets

E - mail me for secrets from any game
Want mario secrets

E - mail me for secrets from any game

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2000, 06:50:24 PM »
Whoa.  Mario with out the big SM?  Remember what happened when Wes Craven opted not to direct the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels?  That's right, they all sucked.  I don't think anyone save the creator himself should try to take on characters he doesn't have a good feel for.  No one knows that basic feeling in games like Zelda and Mario better than Miyamoto, so I'd hope Nintendo would retire them with him.  Course, Nintendo would be forfeiting a huge lot of money by doing that, so it wouldn't happen anyway.  They are, after all, a business foremost.
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2000, 11:30:23 PM »
Scary thought, isn't it?  I hope he stays longer; I don't want to even think about what would happen if he would retire.
By the power of the Orange....

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2000, 12:22:23 PM »
Nintendo has made plenty of good games without a lot of Miyamotos input.
Like SMK,MK64,1080, F-zero x and the
Metroid series among others. Those
games were made by people like Takashi
Tezuka and Hideki Konno, who have been
with Nintendo since the beginning of the
NES era. I have Majoras Mask and I consider it better than Ocarina of Time. I have no
doubt that Nintendo will make the best games
even after Mr Miyamoto has retired.
(who knows, we might se some games made for
an older audience too). It is possible that
their games might lose the "Miyamoto touch"
though.

Print