Print

Author Topic: Mario on Crack....er Launcher  (Read 12793 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 03:42:35 PM »
AGH LAUNCH A CAPTAIN'S WAFER

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »
You know what this reminds me of? The fireworks item in Kirby Air Ride. It pretty much did the same thing. But this is HAL we're talking about so it's not a huge surprise.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 05:56:33 AM »
Here's LD's Awesome Prediction:

The control will be optimized for the Wii Classic Controller.
There will also be a GameCube Controller scheme, very similar to SSBM.
But to prevent little kids on Christmas from being screwed without any controller, there will be a remote/nunchuck scheme, possibly using some motion to make up for lost button access (dodges?). This scheme will be undesirable, but functional.

You heard it here first!

...... http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html

Wow.....LD...was...right?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 08:20:32 AM »
haha, this is great news for me, but it was kind of expected. Well, now I don't have to spend over $100.00 on more Wii remotes.
I'm a horrible person.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 01:22:58 PM »
Awesome! playing with the GCN controler will send me back to '01 again. Which way do you guys think you will use the most? I'm a bit concerned on how to play Brawl with the full Wii remote set. Maybe they should include a mode with the nunchuck alone :D
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
GCN controller most of the time.  Although I'll try the sideways and nunchuck on lesser occasions when I feel experimental. (hah!  Firefox doesn't know 'nunchuck')  I don't have the classic controller attachment.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 04:24:06 PM »
^^^^ You heard it there first!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 05:14:16 PM »
'Scuse me ma'am, it's called the Nunchuk. Firefox's spell check is mostly sufficient, and could do some people some gooooooooooooooood.
Also, sweet sweetness! Four control schemes. I'll stick with GameCube controllers, myself.
Now, uh, LD... go tell them to... to include an alternate costume for Luigi... a Mr. L costume.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:20:07 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 06:15:10 PM »
Blame the forum's spell check as well.  I have a feeling it doesn't know nunchuk either.
an alternate costume for Luigi... a Mr. L costume.
Oh heck yes!  And a doctor getup for Mario, and the classic Yellow shirt and purple overalls for Wario.

On a separate note, I'd LOVE to go to an anime convention dressed up as Mr. L
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »
It's spelled "nunchuk" but Firefox doesn't know that either.
Edit: Oh, BP covered this.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 01:43:55 AM »
Oh heck yes!  And a doctor getup for Mario, and the classic Yellow shirt and purple overalls for Wario.
The former because we don't need a separate character for Dr. Mario (though I have an excellent snapshot of Dr. Mario in his black outfit jumping off the Monotoli Building in Fourside [Dr. Mar-emo]) and an alternate costume with stylized moves but the same statistics would be far more efficient. The latter because people like Dark_shark or what's he called need to shut up about Wario's casual outfit. I personally think that Pichu could become an alternate costume for Pikachu the same way Dr. Mario should for Mario (same stats) but that's less logical. It's natural that Pichu would be weaker and harder to hit, but if he had to have identical statistics with Pikachu that might not work out.
Still rooting for WW Link to replace OoT Young Link since OoT Link was replaced by TP Link. This way would be better than the Link and Young Link characters being clones in Melee--their moves could be very different this way: TP Link has a Spinner, yeah, but has he got a Deku Leaf?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 08:42:10 AM »
The problem with Pichu being a skin for Pikachu is the fact that his body is differently shaped. I beleive they could find a way to de-clone him if they got the chance.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 09:13:05 AM »
Maybe give Pickachu new moves and the old ones to Pichu? Picka has had to learn a few new abilities since 2001...  Perhaps vice versa?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »
I was thinking they'd do that for Fox and Falco myself.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »
...Saltines are, like, the worst kind of cracker you can get though. I'd've put a Ritz cracker in a Cracker Launcher Photoshop...
Ew. No. Totally backwards. Ritz are disgusting :(

I can't imagine it being functional on a Classic Controller.. GameCube just seems to fit better.

Print