Poll

Boy or girl?

Boy
30 (47.6%)
Girl
33 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Print

Author Topic: Is Birdo a boy or girl?  (Read 58961 times)

« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »
Butt to Butt Plus
hehehe

Also, have this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing
"In the SaaS model, butt providers install and operate application software in my butt and butt users access the software from butt clients."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:28:35 PM by bobbysq1337 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »
It's ok. Against everything you might expect of me, I actually find the "Expand Dong" meme side-splitting hilarious.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »
My love showers you in coconut cream pies.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2014, 09:09:03 PM »
Back to somewhere vaguely on topic:

Time and again, Bowser kidnaps Peach. Why do Mario and Peach still race go-karts and play tennis with him?

SM: If you're familiar with things like Popeye and some of the old comic characters, you would oftentimes see this cast of characters that takes on different roles depending on the comic or cartoon. They might be businessman in one [cartoon] or a pirate in another. Depending on the story that was being told, they would change roles. So, to a certain degree, I look at our characters in a similar way and feel that they can take on different roles in different games. It's more like they're one big family, or maybe a troupe of actors.
What's kind of interesting about that quote is that Donkey Kong was going to be a Popeye game. Was this planned all along?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
The entire Mario franchise has just been a jilted Miyamoto trying to make his own Popeye.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2014, 09:58:07 AM »
All joking aside, he was hired to create replacements for the Popeye characters.

Now the real question is why they didn't go with a Popeye game. I've heard two reasons -

1) Supposed rights issues according to David Shef's Game Over book, but that seems a little odd considering they did make a Popeye game for real the following year.

2) Unable to properly render the Popeye characters given the technology they had available. This seems a little more likely given what was put into Mario's design to make up for the lack of versatility in the graphics display. It's also been noted that the actual Popeye game they made used a technique that devotes less detail to the backgrounds in order to make the characters' sprites look better.

Or maybe it was a combination of both?

Print